The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docthediver:

Brian:

Did the download work and more important.. Does the IRIS talk to your computer OK ?

Let me know. ( I am getting an error "RUN-TIME ERROR 6 - OVERFOW" )

My IRIS worked well until about March 08th 05, then it stopped communicating. I am still trouble shooting it.

Al

kidspot:
have you tried turning your clock back to february or so? Seems like the interface has had trouble with dates in the past releases...

Yup that's the first thing that I did with no success.

I did find out some valuable hint though. It has not worked since I started to dive NITROX and switched my M1-rgbm to the NITROX mode. The dive computer works fine by itself but now it can't transfer the data via the IRIS. The RUN-TIME ERROR 6 "OVERFLOW" is a data base error ( I think ) and I am beginning to think that the IRIS software V2.2.2 cannot handle the NITROX data.

To prove my theory I downloaded all the dives from another dive computer that has never been used for NITROX and the download worked OK. This proves my IRIS, the serial cable, the IRIS software and my PC are all working fine. Its the NITROX addition that has me concerned. I cannot dump the NITROX dives from my computer to prove my theory.

Has anyone else used a Mares M1-rgbm with an IRIS (with v2.2.2 sw ) and downloaded a NITROX dive ?

Comments would be appreciated.

DI_Guy

I dive with mine in gauge mode all the time now so I don't know - but I'll try to remember and switch it to nitrox mode on my next dive to see how it behaves in downloading...

So glad you chimed in with that message of cheer Boogie711 :wink: It just wouldn't be quite right without one of your warnings :D

lol ... btw - I still like my Mares M1 ... and put up with I.R.I.S. it definitely has some quirks...

Who knows your warnings may keep someone from slipping forever into the bottomless pit of despair at the end of the IRIS path... of course I'll keep holding onto the edge of reality with a slippery grasp until something better to replace it with comes along :D

If it wasn't for Boogie, I'd never know what "POS" stood for. About a year ago he warned me and I appreciate that but I went ahead anyway. (lol)

Actually my IRIS has worked flawlessly until now and I am quite happy with it. I'll get it sorted out, no worries.

DI_Guy

I've been religiously monitoring this thread in hopes of finding a solution to my IRIS problems. The M1 works as well as I could expect any dive computer to work. The IRIS however must have been designed by the Marque de Sade. I've been able to get mine to work for a very short period of time. Seems like I get a lot of Com port problems. I've NEVER had so many problems with one seemingly simple piece of equipment. I've read this thread and others and tried everything. Date changes. SP4 changes etc all with no success. I went to my dive shop and they called Mares. Seems they know of no problems with the IRIS interface. I would certainly like to direct them to this thread (10 pages of problems), but have any of you tried to find a customer service link at the Mares website. After all my attempts to make it work, I've finally put it back in the box and store the POS away.

Hi Jerry

If you want to have another go at it, we can compare set-ups. Mine worked OK "pre-Nitrox" and I know it works OK on other computers than have never been set to Nitrox. PM me if you wish and we can discuss it.

DI_Guy

tnk120184:
Thanks Rob, I'm experiencing the same problems you describe. Where did you find the update download?
Hi just joined the forum trying to get the software to work but says a dll file is missing.
need complete verion but cant get onto site you used any advise.

thanks Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom