The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
Anyone know how to modify the IRIS software to display the average depth of the current dive?
Tim

P.S. It sure would beat having to export the data to excel and figuring it out manually.

The database could be modified to include a calculation of depth over time and place it in the display. But that would take more time than I'm willing to spend on it. My mod was merely cosmetic, using data native to the DB. It is possible though, I am just not sure it would be of much use other than to feed curiosity.

Any other part time propeller heads out their wanna take a crack at it?

pt40fathoms:
The database could be modified to include a calculation of depth over time and place it in the display. But that would take more time than I'm willing to spend on it. My mod was merely cosmetic, using data native to the DB. It is possible though, I am just not sure it would be of much use other than to feed curiosity.

Any other part time propeller heads out their wanna take a crack at it?

So in other words - yes it's possibe - no it's not worth the hassle? I can live with that - like I said, just export to excel and have it run the numbers there.

Aloha, Tim

Was anybody successfull with PC and standard IR link, or notebook with internal IR?
How the software was set up?
Or, does anybody a drawing, how to build a working interface?

There was a guy on diveoz I think that was working on something, but last time I checked nothing yet.

HINT for those having trouble getting their IRIS interface to connect with the computer. Fold a towel in half and place it over the unit and IRIS while downloading to block out any interferring IR sources - I found that I get a lot of IR interference in my house (can't find the source(s) however) and this has helped greatly - I also have trouble at times with other IR devices in my house, one TV even turns on randomly at night because of the interference. Just an idea if you are having trouble getting it to connect properly

Tim

kidspot:
Anyone know how to modify the IRIS software to display the average depth of the current dive?
Tim

P.S. It sure would beat having to export the data to excel and figuring it out manually.

I downloaded and then ended up purchasing a dive log program called SCUBASE and it available at www.scubase.net. I can accept the MARES profile data directly and it automatically gives the AVERAGE DEPTH on its "details" page of the report. It also calculates the SAC rate.

I actually prefer the PROFILE plots of the "Scubase" better than the Mares plots now.

DI_Guy

DI_Guy:
I downloaded and then ended up purchasing a dive log program called SCUBASE and it available at www.scubase.net. I can accept the MARES profile data directly and it automatically gives the AVERAGE DEPTH on its "details" page of the report. It also calculates the SAC rate.

I actually prefer the PROFILE plots of the "Scubase" better than the Mares plots now.

DI_Guy

Also a good alternative is SharkPoint (Palm, PocketPC and Windows OS) http://www.dreamdives.org, which also acceps native MARIS logbook and profile files :wink:

Regards,
Frank Schipper

docthediver:
Hi. I've been trying to get the iris update (as I'm still on version 1.0!!). The mares link http://www.mares.com/iris.asp does not seem to be working. Does anyone know of an update or could anyone post it or email it to me?
Thanks, Brian

Hi Brian

I downloaded version 2.2.2 and I believe it is still the most current version... If you PM me with your email address, I'll send it to you.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom