The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi ....
I bought IRIS interface for Mares M1 some days ago ...
I tried to use it, but I already have 50 immersions in the m1 memory ...
When I tried to download immersion data, the progression bar started to 'move', but 30 seconds after it stops and give the timeout error ....

Someone got the same error and risolved it ?
I tried to 'play' with serial port properties (com1 and com2 work) but nothing changed ....

Thanks in advance

Skydragon:
Hi ....
I bought IRIS interface for Mares M1 some days ago ...
I tried to use it, but I already have 50 immersions in the m1 memory ...
When I tried to download immersion data, the progression bar started to 'move', but 30 seconds after it stops and give the timeout error ....

Someone got the same error and risolved it ?
I tried to 'play' with serial port properties (com1 and com2 work) but nothing changed ....

Thanks in advance
Shield the IRIS/M1 from bright light.

That, plus a single re-position, got mine working. It isn't necessary to be in the dark, just not next to a sunlit window or other bright light.

My config was: XP Pro, and the latest download from Mares of Iris s/w.

On another subject; you can delete the test dive stored in the M1's memory so as not to skew your statistics--but it will come back the next time you download.

Cheers

Kauaiguy:
Shield the IRIS/M1 from bright light.

That, plus a single re-position, got mine working. It isn't necessary to be in the dark, just not next to a sunlit window or other bright light.

My config was: XP Pro, and the latest download from Mares of Iris s/w.

On another subject; you can delete the test dive stored in the M1's memory so as not to skew your statistics--but it will come back the next time you download.

Cheers

delete the test dive ? Oh well, I will read again the manual ...

I tried to download data in the way you wrote, but it failed .... just once it arrived at 50%, but then ... timeout ... and after this nothing but about 30% ... sigh, I will try at night, with no lights at all ....

Sob .... nothing .... no more than 50% when I'm lucky ....
how can I try eventual serial port timeout ?

I've tried the functioning of the serial port using a 56k modem, and it worked fine.
But can the serial port go in timeout state ?

I tried also to modify settings in hardware maintenance, but nothing....

Skydragon
When I had my problems I was getting a timeout error, BUT never was I receiving the progress bar. It turned out I had conflicts with my mouse IRQ. Once I resolved that conflict I started getting the progress bar with an occasional timeout error. I resolved this by playing with the positioning of the computer under the IRIS. Also, make sure that you have fresh batteries in your M1. I also found out that you cannot empty the memory in the M1. So if you delete a dive from your PC log, it will continue to be reloaded into your PD every time you download, up until it becomes the 51st dive and is pushed off the stack. Good Luck

Everyone repeat after me: The IRIS interface sucks donkey balls. There is no fixing it. You're not doing anything wrong. It just sucks.

Sorry to break the news to everyone. It's a giant stinking turd.

These seven pages of posts are a testament to plug-and-play at its very best.

My commisersations to all the M1 users. I am very surprised to read about the poor quality of the Mares software. ( I am really glad that my Quattros don't need software to work! :wink: )

Seems to me that some dive computer manufacturers still see the interface and download software as a nice-to-have for the blessed few "power users", hence the lack of attention to detail and the exorbitant prices.

How about a standard IrDa-compliant interface to dive computers? Even if your PC doesn't have an IR port, it can be added via a USB to IrDa converter for a couple of bucks.

In the meantime, those who can go the homemade route.

<<Sigh>>

Cheers,

Andrew

Boogie711:
Everyone repeat after me: The IRIS interface sucks donkey balls. There is no fixing it. You're not doing anything wrong. It just sucks.

Sorry to break the news to everyone. It's a giant stinking turd.

sorry got to disagree here

please see attatched

Yeah - I was there once too, my friend. Check back in a few months for us, will you? When for no reason whatsoever it just plain stops working?

Thanks.

It's OK - one day, you two will see the light.

When I try to launch IRIS after installing it, I get the message: run-time error 380. Does anyone know how to fix this one? I've tried re-installing, from the disk, from the web site, with and without the upgrade, on multiple computers, and continue to receive the same error messgae.

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom