The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MisterGil:
My IRIS has just started to give the following error "Error accessing serial port. Try to reinstall the IRIS program." after the progress bar has reached the end of the data download.
I have tried reinstalling the software, but I still get the error message. The log book has 87 dives in it and I'm trying to add four more dives. I'm using version 2.2.2. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how was it fixed?

I am having the same problem but with a usb to serial port adapter fitted. I get the message before the progress bar even starts the download. I have tried reconfiguring the laptop for different ports but different errors then come up.
sorry I cant help but hopefully someone can help us both or else I am going to sell it to someone else who knows what they are doing with computers and go back to a log book.

Robin

For those of you that have been following this thread I have only been able to get my Iris to work for 1 brief period of time over a 2 year period. Always seem to have com port issues. I took the chance and purchased a parallel port to USB1.1 converter ( just a different connector cable). Installed the drivers that came with it and now my iris is communicating with and downloading data from my M1. At first I thought it wasn't working because I got the same com port messages as before, however I realigned the M1 to the Iris and went through the com ports a second time. It finally recognized COM4 and started downloading my dives. I wil admit that I still don't trust the IRIS interface. I also had been having problems with my computer so just prior to this new attempt I had rebuilt my computer. Istalled SP2, a mcafee firewall and a mcafee virus checker. Maybe a combination of all these things influenced my getting it to work. I want to purchase a nemo (also utilizes the IRIS), but am so concerned that the iris will go bad again that I am holding off for a while. I will all of you luck and hope mine keeps working.

MisterGil:
My IRIS has just started to give the following error "Error accessing serial port. Try to reinstall the IRIS program." after the progress bar has reached the end of the data download.
I have tried reinstalling the software, but I still get the error message. The log book has 87 dives in it and I'm trying to add four more dives. I'm using version 2.2.2. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how was it fixed?

Have you tried slowing down the baud transfer rate on the com port ? By default they are usually set at 9600 Baud. Some users have turned it down to 2400 Baud.

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried changing the baud rate down to as low as 1200 without any improvement.
I'm going to have to copy the current dives.mdb onto another machine and try from there.

As a slight change of subject, does anyone know where the Profile data is stored? I've looked in the Access database and would have expected to have seen it as a related table to the DIVE table but I can't see it.

Anybody have any new info on the IRIS. Does anybody know if Mares is doing something to come out with a usb option.

Thanks,

ChillyWilly:
Anybody have any new info on the IRIS. Does anybody know if Mares is doing something to come out with a usb option.
no problem with an USBtoSerial cable.

I am using a serial to usb conversion cable an no longer have any problems

I have a serial-usb interface cable (with software ) It works great. I had to rename the USB port to COM 1 - COM 4 (which ever one is free to choose )

One other question. Has anyone ever gotten this thing to work with a Dacor Darwin?

ChillyWilly:

Thanks,

Warning: This message cotains unsubstantiated rumor :wink:

I seem to remember reading about 6-8 months back that they switched to USB, released a few and had LOTS of trouble with it, so they went back to the serial... I have not heard anything since... but again this was just something I read on another forum...

It would be really nice as so many computers no longer come with a serial port.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom