The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MisterGil:
My IRIS has just started to give the following error "Error accessing serial port. Try to reinstall the IRIS program." after the progress bar has reached the end of the data download.
I have tried reinstalling the software, but I still get the error message. The log book has 87 dives in it and I'm trying to add four more dives. I'm using version 2.2.2. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how was it fixed?

Try changing the batteries in the M1. That has helped for me.

MisterGil:
Thanks for the reply.
I've tried changing the baud rate down to as low as 1200 without any improvement.
I'm going to have to copy the current dives.mdb onto another machine and try from there.

As a slight change of subject, does anyone know where the Profile data is stored? I've looked in the Access database and would have expected to have seen it as a related table to the DIVE table but I can't see it.

I got mine to work, finally, on two computers that I was never able to get working. Make sure you have the correct computer chosen, and then restart the application. And then alignment with the reader is important. Try turning it over if you have to. I can get mine to work everytime now and I was getting the re-install error all the time.

Greetings...

guys... i have problem with my Iris sofware. when i install the iris software there is no problem but when i start cliking the iris icon there is error "run time error 380" and invalid property value. i havent use my iris stuff. can you help me?

thanks,

divedavao

RobK:
Have you got the latest version of the IRIS program? There is a dowload page available to get the latest version if you haven't.

I don't have a problem with loosing the data currently held on the PC but there doesn't seem to be a way of not downloading certain dives.

The help guide states that you can create a different log book and just download the latest dives into it. It states that you cannot have duplicates in the system. This does not work, all dives get downloaded into whichever log book you use.

This is daft as I messed up the settings on my M1 when I first used it and get the date wrong. I can change the date of the dives on the PC logbook but then it just downloads them again next time I do a download from the M1. I also get the test dives they do to verify that the computer works, in all my log books as well.

Basically it sucks.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I think all that can be done is to wait until they fix all the bugs. (Which may take a while)

Rob.

divedavao:
guys... i have problem with my Iris sofware. when i install the iris software there is no problem but when i start cliking the iris icon there is error "run time error 380" and invalid property value. i havent use my iris stuff. can you help me?
try this one ( a lot of answers when searching the Internet) :

Run-Time Error 380. Some systems display dates in a 2 digit year format which is causing the error. This can be corrected by going to the CONTROL PANEL, selecting REGIONAL SETTINGS, select the DATE tab, change the SHORT DATE STYLE and change to “mm/dd/yyyy”. If the date format is NOT changed, this update will eliminate the error 380, but the date will not be displayed since it will be in an invalid format. Dates will have to be entered on the form in some cases. It is best to change the date format in the control panel in order to be Y2K compliant and the dates will be displayed properly on the forms.

I had run time errors when I did not have the IRIS lined up properly with the M1
JerryG

Dear IRIS gurus:

I am trying to go the cheep way with a IrDA that I have on hand. It is USB port hooked. Has anyone futz'd around with this and had it work with their Mares Nemo. . .

. . .or do I need to drop the $100.00 and join the ranks of what I have read to post #126?

Thanks much for responding.

Nemesis Enforcer:
I am trying to go the cheep way with a IrDA that I have on hand. It is USB port hooked. Has anyone futz'd around with this and had it work with their Mares Nemo. . .
No way.
The IR interfaces on the Mares computers are not IrDA compliant.

DuboisP:
No way.
The IR interfaces on the Mares computers are not IrDA compliant.

Gal darn dangit!

Thanks!

I agree,

Its not only one of the most expensive downloaders, but then you gota add the USB cinevrter on top an pray that it works. This is BS if you ask me. I can't beleive that Mares hasn't come up with a more up to date version.

Anyway i researched the IrDA concept which would have made much more sense, but It's not looking good, even some other device. I did hear of some people make their own, but ho knows.

Anyway let me know when Mares comes out with a USB version, I refuse to but an old Serial piece of S*&@t.

Later......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom