Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is too bad they are problematic they are really nice in theory. Perdix 2 does what I need with no worries, so I am content, but would be great if these reliable.

Somebody dropped their weight belt on my Teric. Dive-Tronix had to replace the screen and inners. Done fast and resonably. I had a problem syncing back up to the transmitter and he made some suggestions over the phone that fixed it. Great service, great computer.

Hi @Dan

Did you get your Teric back? Repair or replace?
I got it back yesterday.

Parts replaced:
- Bezel screws (6)
-Chassis O-ring
- Circuit board (PCA)
- Updated Firmware
- Battery
- Screen protectors

Note:
Terics are a bit more fragile than other Shearwater models. Please take extra care with your Teric to prevent a hard impact or drop.

It was shipped on October 5th and it is still 98% battery.

That echoes my experience. On my currently rapidly discharging Teric it was fine in storage when I bought it until I went on a LOB. Then it developed the fast discharge in storage problem. Sent it in to be repaired and it was fine until I went on another LOB. Now it's rapidly discharging again in storage. My second Teric went on the same LOB as the first one in May and it seems fine. *shrug*

Leaving on another one in a couple days so we'll see how Teric #2 behaves after I get back. Since we're sort of spitballing...aside from actually diving them one delta in behavior/usage between storage and actual usage is a lot of charging in quick succession. When in storage I check them every 2 weeks and only recharge if needed. When on a LOB I might charge them every day or two.
Ok, back from Cocos and time for an update. The update is...both Terics are still doing the same thing as before Cocos *shrug*. Teric 1 was rapidly discharging in storage before Cocos and is still doing it. Teric 2 was NOT rapidly discharging before Cocos and is still NOT rapidly discharging. There were prob 4-5 people with Terics on board so we left one Shearwater OEM charger at the camera table and would grab it whenever it was free and we needed a top up (e.g. I was not super careful about monitoring charging and opportunistically charged when I could).

As they sit post-Cocos:
Code:
Teric 1                                Teric 2
<Cocos Trip>                           <Cocos Trip>
58% on 9/11                            76% on 9/11
100% on 9/17                           100% on 9/17 (both charged here to 100%)
76% on 9/25                            100% on 9/25
46% on 10/9                            96% on 10/9

So, I have my repaired Teric #7 back since August 2023. I went diving in FL in Sept and again in Oct. The battery has gone down just 8% in 10 days, not fantastic, but perfectly fine. I will have a 40+ dive trip to Bonaire in early December

Remember that the spec is >92% at 48 hours.

I got it back yesterday.

Parts replaced:
- Bezel screws (6)
-Chassis O-ring
- Circuit board (PCA)
- Updated Firmware
- Battery
- Screen protectors

Note:
Terics are a bit more fragile than other Shearwater models. Please take extra care with your Teric to prevent a hard impact or drop.

It was shipped on October 5th and it is still 98% battery.

I dove with it for a week in Grand Cayman last week. It’s still showing 100% after 4 days of surface interval.

IMG_2567.jpeg

I've had Teric #7 since January of this year. I was not able to dive it until June as I was recovering from a fractured left femur. I have now dived it 4 times, 10 dives in June, 21 dives in July, 10 dives in September, and 8 dives in October. It was repaired in August for a broken antenna. I have followed the general charging recommendations, charging it up to around 80% after it gets down to around 30%.

After my October trip, I charged it up to 100% and stored it. The battery has gone down 18% in 18 days. Not the best battery performance I've had, but certainly not near the worst.

1699714836846.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom