Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swift AI Transmitter the one going with the Teric
Thanks @passeparici

Swift AI Transmitter the one going with the Teric
Thanks - I have a Swift with 74 dives on it and so far have had no issues.

While on a liveaboard in Raja Ampat in December, someone had a Swift blow its over-pressure plug. They subsequently heard (through Divetronix, I believe) that there was a possible issue with early production batches and that there was a fix being worked on to address on new production.

I'm off to a good start with Teric #7. Battery down to just 94% after 25 days, despite setting it up and using the NDL and Deco planner several times. Now, if I can finish recovery from my broken left femur and get back in the water to dive it :)
1678716722185.png

I'm off to a good start with Teric #7. Battery down to just 94% after 25 days, despite setting it up and using the NDL and Deco planner several times. Now, if I can finish recovery from my broken left femur and get back in the water to dive it :)
View attachment 774306

Great news! Hopefully Shearwater has been able to address the issue be it through different/better batteries or some sort of design or software change. Hopefully you'll be back in the water here soon! BTW there was a sawtooth sighting yesterday on Loggerhead Charters!

Great news! Hopefully Shearwater has been able to address the issue be it through different/better batteries or some sort of design or software change. Hopefully you'll be back in the water here soon! BTW there was a sawtooth sighting yesterday on Loggerhead Charters!
Thanks Jim,

I was released from ortho today with a perfectly healed fracture and no activity restrictions. I'll be back down in April, as soon as I'm a bit more stable and stronger. Here is a photo of the Sawfish from the Loggerhead website, I've still never seen one...
1678895845645.png

Thanks Jim,

I was released from ortho today with a perfectly healed fracture and no activity restrictions. I'll be back down in April, as soon as I'm a bit more stable and stronger. Here is a photo of the Sawfish from the Loggerhead website, I've still never seen one...
View attachment 774602

Excellent news!! I'm sure it will feel fantastic to get back in the water!

Shearwater is replacing it. I changed my vote from "Yes, repair" to "Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement" since I think that fits me best (one repaired and one replaced).
Update - got my replacement Teric yesterday. Will start tracking battery drain biweekly like I do with my primary Teric.

Update - got my replacement Teric yesterday. Will start tracking battery drain biweekly like I do with my primary Teric.

Fingers crossed you see confirmation that the issue has finally been resolved.

Fingers crossed you see confirmation that the issue has finally been resolved.
This one was actually brand new and arrived DOA. The replacement doesn't have the LOW BAT TEMP error so fingers crossed. Getting two DOA ones would be unprecedented I think. My primary has been to Divetronix once for a battery drain issue and has been solid since then (knock on wood).

Even though I've not bought one (I currently own a Perdix AI, Perdix 2 and Peregrine), I think the Teric is a slick looking computer with some nice functionality that my existing computers do not have. I would consider buying one at some point once I feel the battery issue has been fully resolved.

Back
Top Bottom