Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then send the info to DiveTronix/Shearwater, not.SB.
From the post, they’re clearly working with SW as they’ve gotten multiple fixes/replacements.

I’ve not had this level of problems with the Teric (only 1 complete rebuild (battery related) and 2 battery replacements), but it’s clear others have had multiple significant issues with multiple units - so good to have this info shared here for transparency for those shopping for a computer.

Then send the info to DiveTronix/Shearwater, not.SB.
I sometimes wonder if anyone from Shearwater ever takes a look at this thread. Honestly, I think it would be very useful to them. They may get the same information by examining the repair/replacement logs from their repair centers. A big advantage available to Shearwater is a reasonably accurate denominator. I would never pretend that this poll on SB accurately reflects either the numerator or the denominator for repairs and replacements for the Teric.

It is remarkable that less than half the respondents to this poll have not had repair and/or replacemant. Equally interesting that 1 in 5 have had multiple repair and/or replacement. I will soon receive my 7th Teric. @FlaParrotHead and his partner have had 4 and 5 respectively. Sounds like another poll, but I will skip it.

Many different problems have been reported, with battery problems easily the most common. Other reported defects have included loss of AI (antenna), screen dysfunction, pressure sensor/depth gauge, and compass calibration. I may have missed some, the companion thread and poll regarding specific defects never took off Specific reasons(s) for sending in your Teric for repair(s) and/or replacement

Several other things have become quite clear. Many of us really like our Terics. Mine is perfect for the diving I do. My service from Dive-Tronix and Shearwater has been absolutely superlative, without that, I would likely have given up my Teric by now.

My 7th Teric will be perfect :)

Have all the recent participants in this thread voted in the poll??

I have asked Shearwater if some, well equipped and properly trained, dIve shops could be certified to do battery replacements. I know this includes O-ring replacements and a pressure test - I’m not sure what else.

With almost every shop on island now an authorized dealer (only 1-2 were when the Teric was first released) and many resident professional and retired divers living on island and/or the surrounding islands of Aruba and Curacao, it would be nice to have battery replacements done locally by a qualified shop.

they said they’d pass it up the chain …. 🤔

I broke the wristband. Maybe I use it too tight but after a dive (90 with the Teric) I realise the wristband was almost entirely split. I was lucky not to loose the Teric during the dive.
Also my transmiter started to flood after 40 dives.
Both, the wristband and the transmiter were changed under waranty.
Concerning the battery, if I leave the Teric unused for 2 months, it is almost completly discharged.
I also realised that if I leave the Teric on its charger but unplug, it discharges the battery. I did not thought it was possible...

I may have missed some, the companion thread and poll regarding specific defects never took off Specific reasons(s) for
I had battery & depth sensor replaced at 2 different times. The latter happened when I was in Indonesia, on my 1st half of the trip (Komodo). I sent Dive Tronix a note about it and told them that my buddy for the 2nd half of the trip (Sangalaki) was getting ready to fly to Indonesia from USA. So Dive Tronix gave my buddy a Teric loaner. I was able to use the Teric loaner for the 2nd half of the trip and my other buddy from the 1st half of the trip was able to bring home my broken Teric to USA and shipped it to Dive Tronix.

I broke the wristband. Maybe I use it too tight but after a dive (90 with the Teric) I realise the wristband was almost entirely split. I was lucky not to loose the Teric during the dive.
Also my transmiter started to flood after 40 dives.
Both, the wristband and the transmiter were changed under waranty.
Concerning the battery, if I leave the Teric unused for 2 months, it is almost completly discharged.
I also realised that if I leave the Teric on its charger but unplug, it discharges the battery. I did not thought it was possible...
What transmitter was this?

I sometimes wonder if anyone from Shearwater ever takes a look at this thread. Honestly, I think it would be very useful to them. They may get the same information by examining the repair/replacement logs from their repair centers. A big advantage available to Shearwater is a reasonably accurate denominator. I would never pretend that this poll on SB accurately reflects either the numerator or the denominator for repairs and replacements for the Teric.

It is remarkable that less than half the respondents to this poll have not had repair and/or replacemant. Equally interesting that 1 in 5 have had multiple repair and/or replacement. I will soon receive my 7th Teric. @FlaParrotHead and his partner have had 4 and 5 respectively. Sounds like another poll, but I will skip it.

Many different problems have been reported, with battery problems easily the most common. Other reported defects have included loss of AI (antenna), screen dysfunction, pressure sensor/depth gauge, and compass calibration. I may have missed some, the companion thread and poll regarding specific defects never took off Specific reasons(s) for sending in your Teric for repair(s) and/or replacement

Several other things have become quite clear. Many of us really like our Terics. Mine is perfect for the diving I do. My service from Dive-Tronix and Shearwater has been absolutely superlative, without that, I would likely have given up my Teric by now.

My 7th Teric will be perfect :)

Have all the recent participants in this thread voted in the poll??
This will be my 2nd teric, no issues with the first one I sold. I don’t need this one to be perfect, I will leave that to the perdix 2, but I do prefer the 4 button interface of the teric,

Yeah, my Teric in "basic black" arrived this morning and I have been futzing with it for a while.

Apparently I can hang up my fins -- the damn thing will just about do the diving for me . . .

How long did it take them to ship it from the time you ordered it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom