Tell me about the SP Mk2 R195

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funny as it sounds, i'd say the mk5 and mk25 are closer to each other than the mk10 as the piston heads are nearly the same. why they downsized the mk10 is beyond me... (its still a very good regulator).

The reason I wanted to know is if my PX2 is serviceable I can get by just replacing my second stage snd octo. and use my first stage. My hoses and console gauges are all good.

I don't understand why your 2nds can not be serviced and repaired.

think he said something earlier/elsewhere about a cracked body....

The body is cracked on the octo. The salt deposit/corrosion is on the second syage.
The second stage is an Oceanic Delta 2 and the octo is a Genesis. I teally don't want to put a lot of money in either of those. They just aren't worth it.

So the octo is shot.

But the Delta 2 has corrosion on the thread and the first stage is ok?

Here's a replacement for the octo.

For Sale - Deep6 2nd stage

Better performance based on better design and a much better value..

And what facts are you basing this on? We have already determined that any reg out there can outflow the tank valve it is attached to, so airflow is a non issue. I would be willing to bet that you could not tell the difference in the way they both breath if your eyes were closed, and I would include any manufacturers top line regs. We have come to a point where "better performance" is more about splitting hairs than what any diver can detect. Why would the Deep6 be a better value? Both are good products.

I would be willing to bet that you could not tell the difference in the way they both breath if your eyes were closed, and I would include any manufacturers top line regs.

Just because you can't due to your inexperience and immature ability to see the difference, others can.

We have already determined that any reg out there can outflow the tank valve it is attached to, so airflow is a non issue.
We have come to a point where "better performance" is more about splitting hairs than what any diver can detect.

What's this "we" nonsense? Who died and left you in charge???

I use the MK11 as bailout regulator. It's basic, that's it.

Did this shop show you the crack? It also seems odd to have the amount of corrosion you describe given your locale and supposedly there was a service done on it in the interim.
I am kinda leaning towards your new shop may be trying to up-sell you.
Isn't Scuba-Toys in your AO? I'd take a step back, and go to somewhere trusted.

The crack is very noticeable after the rubber sleeve was pulled back, and pieces if plastic acrually broke away. The ring is broken too and is easy to see. I did not inspect them before taking them to this latest shop so I can't swear they were broken before or if the tech broke them taking them apart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom