Tell me about the SP Mk2 R195

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may someday want to service my own tegs. That makes HOG tegs really appealing.
I figure if I can change the triggers, sears, etc. on my 1011s and Ruger MkII competition pistols I should be able to rebuild my regs.

Tbone, I have not decided one way or the other between used or new, SP or HOG. I do think if I buy new that desl on the HOG teg set looks really good.
One other option I have is buying just the regs. My hoses and console and gauges are all good.

If you're comfortable working on pistols, then the regulators are fairly similar.

I would go with Deep6 if you have the cash, the HOG deal is just a really good bargain for some good regulators. The Deep6 will breathe better, and are nicer, but also $250 more

D1 Hog Regulator Package Free Ground Shipping! ***Only 3 Left!***

much better life decision... $100 cheaper, better breathing second stages, more flexible first stage.

Nothing wrong with those regs, but they're standard rental type regulators and not what I would spend $400 on.

Do you know which Trident or other manufacturer HP seat is compatible with the D1?

I am convinced the key to getting parts in the USA market is having multiple sources rather than being dependant on any single source which may prove to be unreliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks burhan. Why D6 over HOG?

Better performance based on better design and a much better value. BTW, I still see no problem with the SP MK2/R195, we use them in our school's training equipment and they are most reliable.

I have, since receiving my deep 6 Regs, put my scubapro Regs in storage, MK 25s600s because the D6 are performing as well as the SPs. I prefer Regs that I don't even think about and since the D6 breath as well as anything I have ever used (diving since '71) I find them to be a real bargain even if they didn't last long term, the business model gets you better regulators (subjective) for the same money by cutting out the middle man, toss in the parts kits that are included and it's really hard to justify the SPs, I'll keep my SPs but only because I have them.

I have, since receiving my deep 6 Regs, put my scubapro Regs in storage, MK 25s600s because the D6 are performing as well as the SPs. I prefer Regs that I don't even think about and since the D6 breath as well as anything I have ever used (diving since '71) I find them to be a real bargain even if they didn't last long term, the business model gets you better regulators (subjective) for the same money by cutting out the middle man, toss in the parts kits that are included and it's really hard to justify the SPs, I'll keep my SPs but only because I have them.
I know. I know. It's irrelevant underwater but how does the size and weight of your s600 compare to the deep 6 seconds?

The first stages are nearly identical in size and weight, SP yoke knob is longer than the metal D6 knob so it takes up a little more space but really nothin to worry about. The D6 second is a bit larger and slightly heavier but only slightly, note I have early s600s that have less metal in them, one of my SPs is titanium but that's comparing apples to watermelons.

To add, the s600 measures about 2.75" across the front and the D6 3"

Last edited:
How does the Oceanic PX2 compare to the Scubapro Mk2?

The PX2 is a balanced piston design more comparable to the Scubapro Mk 5 or Mk10. The Mk 2 is an unbalanced piston which is limited to a lower flow rate and will not breath as well at lower tank pressures. But the unbalanced piston offers simplicity and higher potential reliability. The Mk25 is an "improvement" of the Mk10 which seems to offer better HP seating durability. All will work fine for recreational diving.

The reason I wanted to know is if my PX2 is serviceable I can get by just replacing my second stage snd octo. and use my first stage. My hoses and console gauges are all good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom