Tell me about the SP Mk2 R195

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the Hog issues early on were all to do with soft parts, and basically every regulator manufacturer has gone through something similar at one point or another in their history.
While D6 is certainly the new kid on the block, I know that some of the regulators have several hundred hours of testing in cave country on them and are already around 1 year old. They use the same basic design that Hog uses and are manufactured by a company with some long term reg manufacturing experience.

You're not taking any more risk than you would by buying any manufacturers "newest" model of regulator

The only trust isdues I have are with the mom and pop dive shop that sold me that regulator.
I don't mind buying used. If I do go that route I may very well buy halocline's regs. That seems like a goid deal on a set of solid regs.
I may buy new. I will buy whatever gives me the best value on goid reliable regs.
I have learned a lot reading here and having questions answered.
I appreciate every single reply and opinion.

This OP is an occasional diver. He's not going to service his own regs.

why? occasional or not, servicing regs isn't rocket science and doesn't require expensive tools. One of those things that even if you don't want to now, if you decide you want to in the future, you are a bit stuck since you can't. I don't like being restricted like that

I may someday want to service my own tegs. That makes HOG tegs really appealing.
I figure if I can change the triggers, sears, etc. on my 1011s and Ruger MkII competition pistols I should be able to rebuild my regs.

Tbone, I have not decided one way or the other between used or new, SP or HOG. I do think if I buy new that desl on the HOG teg set looks really good.
One other option I have is buying just the regs. My hoses and console and gauges are all good.

I may someday want to service my own tegs. That makes HOG tegs really appealing.
I figure if I can change the triggers, sears, etc. on my 1011s and Ruger MkII competition pistols I should be able to rebuild my regs.

Tbone, I have not decided one way or the other between used or new, SP or HOG. I do think if I buy new that desl on the HOG teg set looks really good.
One other option I have is buying just the regs. My hoses and console and gauges are all good.

I'd buy D6 before even thinking about buying HOG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom