Tearing my hair out with Perdix and Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dleewo

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me. I'm running Windows 7

I had a Petrel 2 and it worked perfectly with bluetooth. I sold it along with the Bluetooth dongle it came with.

Now I'm trying to use my new Perdix with the BT dongle it came with and I cannot get it to sync and download dive logs. The desktop SW keeps giving me an error 175 and the Perdix keeps timing out.

I have completely uninstalled the SW and removed the BT device in Device Manager, reinstalled etc and nothing helps.

I emailed Shearwater last week ween and they sent me a somewhat generic email asking some questions. I have replied and am waiting for a response, but their first response to me took about 3-4 days so I'm thinking it'll be several more days before I hear from them

In the mean time, I want to continue to try and get this working

I've been poking around in Device Manager and Bluetooth Settings and what I see *seems" OK. At least I don't see any kinds of errors or warnings. I went into "Device and Printers" and I did "Add a device" and now I have "Perdix" device but that doesn't seem to make an difference with respect to the desktop SW and Perdix linking up.

Have you put a fresh battery in your perdix that's usually the problem I have syncing up even if the battery is showing good a fresh one is a good place to start.

The Perdix is only 2 weeks old and I was using the battery that came with it. I just changed to a new one anyway based on your suggestion, but it still doesn't work.

My wife has a Perdix so I did some other tests and I'm thinking there may be an issue with my Perdix as opposed to an issue with my desktop computer and bluetooth

My wife's Perdix syncs just fine with her laptop. So I tried to sync mine with her laptop as I know her computer and BT are working but my Perdix also fails to connect.

I had the same problem years ago. I dont think it applies to you cause your petrel worked. mine was the blutooth was connected to a usb1 port and ot a usb2 port. I had discussed with shearwater to change the error messages to give more of a clue as to whether the problem was in the computer or the dive computer. All it said at the time was something like blutooth falure. I asked to add an error message like ,unable to connect with host. to suggest that the DC was good but nothing could be connected to. Mine worked whene I plugged into a different usb port.

I did try different USB ports, but the fact that I can't connect to my wife's laptop when her Perdix works fine with her laptop leads me to think that it's not a Bluetooth issue

I had the same problem.
Go to device manager and make sure the only items under the Bluetooth are:
Generic Bluetooth radio
Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator
Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumerator

Delete any other Bluetooth device drivers (Conexant etc..).
If your machine has a built-in Bluetooth device, disable that also
Finally delete all Bluetooth paired devices in the settings>devices menu (headsets, tablets, phones, and your wife's Perdix...

HTH

It also helps if you turn on the activate the Download Log dialog on Shearwater Desktop before activating the Upload Log setting on your Perdix

I personally use the built in Bluetooth on my laptop and NOT the Shearwater dongle.

I personally use the built in Bluetooth on my laptop and NOT the Shearwater dongle.
i seem to recall that you not to use the usb thingy if youve got bluetooth on the laptop etc it was written on a small piece of paper that would be in the box ( but you probably like most people and not read the instructions):D

Last edited:
i seem to recall that you not to use the usb thingy if youve got bluetooth on the laptop etc it was written on a small piece of paper that would be in the box ( but you probably like most people and not read the instructions):D

My desktop doesn't have built in bluetooth so I have to use the dongle from Shearwater. My wife's laptop has built in bluetooth and I am using that.

As I mentioned, my wife's Perdix syncs just fine with her laptop, but mine does not. Since hers works, I know the bluetooth on her laptop is working just fine

I don't believe I have an issue with bluetooth on the computer side

Back
Top Bottom