Bought a Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may be that it has to hit 3 feet deep to turn on & I didn't try that yet
The manual specifies that it turns on at a certain pressure. At sea level, that pressure is reached around 3 ft deep. However, it knows the surface pressure (in spite of being turned off), so no issues with decompression calculations.

I used the Shearwater Cloud app (installed on my desktop PC, Win 11) to download the dives. This was pretty easy to do & it was easy to edit info on each dive for location, buddies & such.

I then had the same app on my android phone connect to the cloud & it synced everything, easy.

Next up I tried to use the Subsurface app on my PC. That was unable to find my Peregrine via BT. It does see my BT headphones but not my dive computer. So that app is useless to me at this point, at least for connecting to the Peregrine. Possibly I'll find a way to correct the connection issue & be able to check it out as well. Looking at its UI it does look like a pretty good app.

Now I just opened the Subsurface app on my phone & it's attempting to connect. It looks like this is downloading the dives. Maybe once it has all the dives I'll be able to sync them to the desktop app, will see in a bit.

Shearwater support has emailed me with some things to look at. I have 5 dives planned next weekend so will be paying better attention during any safety stops to see what it does.

Now I just opened the Subsurface app on my phone & it's attempting to connect. It looks like this is downloading the dives. Maybe once it has all the dives I'll be able to sync them to the desktop app, will see in a bit.
It should. You’ll need to create an account and make sure both the phone app and computer app are logged into the same account. You may need to manually sync with cloud, but it should sync to the desktop app.

For what it’s worth, I’ve found the Bluetooth link to be more stable on phone than on laptop (both Shearwater Cloud and Subsurface). I no longer even attempt to download on the laptop, I just use the phone. Once I sync, I have all my dive data wherever I want it.

I'll mess with it again later. I just got tired of it for now. Maybe I'll blow it away & grab the latest download & start over with it. Sometimes that can fix things

I think my biggest praise is for the display. I have strong astigmatism on both eyes but don't use any correction when diving. I find that with a mask UW I can see pretty good.

So a big curiosity for me going into these dives was "How well am I going to be read this thing?"

It turns out that "just fine" is the answer. The smallest text on it is the current time at the bottom right & yes, I could even read that during the dive. I could read everything on it under all conditions encountered. I really do like the comp & part of the fun of changing to a new one is figuring out the differences, how to use it, what to expect & such. No I get to add in logging/management software that connects via bluetooth, something my last one lacked. Fun stuff :wink:

Both deep dives this time, after the safety stop the dive time continued to increment. Not sure what the deal was last time but it seems to not be repeating.

Both deep dives this time, after the safety stop the dive time continued to increment. Not sure what the deal was last time but it seems to not be repeating.
So it's 'all good' now? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom