Perdix AI and bluetooth...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried uploading to:
  • Subsurface on your max
  • Subsurface mobile on your phone ?
I upload directly to my phone and sync using subsurface cloud to my desktop.
if you never use the Shearwater Cloud, you miss two things: (1) updates to DC firmware, and (2) resyncing the clock on your DC each time you sync to the cloud. The latter is nice, the former is essential.

I use MacDive for logging, primarily since I’d been using that since I started diving.

I had the same problem kind of problem,,,, they sent new BT usb things. the problem was i had it in a usb socket that was not compatable with shearwater. like a usb 3 socket and the sherarwater only talks 2 and below. as soon as I moved it to a slower usb plug things worked fine. let me add my issue was on a petrel.

if you never use the Shearwater Cloud, you miss two things: (1) updates to DC firmware, and (2) resyncing the clock on your DC each time you sync to the cloud. The latter is nice, the former is essential.
Thanks I had overlooked that..

What are people's experiences with a Mac? I've got a Macbook Pro and its a nightmare to sync via bluetooth with my Perdix AI. Downloading dives is very iffy and updating firmware has been next to impossible. I contacted Shearwater and the fix they sent me was ludicrous. Any suggestions? I'm usually a huge fan of Shearwater but this is starting to change my mind.
Yeah, I’ve had issues with Shearwater Cloud syncing with my Perdix AI. Today, I tried an experiment. Started with a fresh battery as it was time anyway. Computer is a 2012 MacBook Pro running Mojave. I confirmed that it was BT LE capable through System Report.

First used SW Cloud 2.5.11. Didn’t connect.
Then I tried SW Desktop (latest version). Synced.
Then I tried Subsurface (latest version). Synced.
Then I tried SW Cloud 2.5.10. Didn’t work at all.
Then I tried SW Cloud 2.5.9. Didn’t connect.
Then I tried SW Cloud 2.5.12. Synced.

I’d previously tried SW Cloud 2.5.13, but it didn’t work at all. So I guess I’ll keep 2.5.12 on until I decide to upgrade to Catalina.

I normally download dives using Cloud app on my iPhone, and never have an issue. Desktop Cloud is really just for firmware updates.

Yeah, I’ve had issues with Shearwater Cloud syncing with my Perdix AI. Today, I tried an experiment. Started with a fresh battery as it was time anyway. Computer is a 2012 MacBook Pro running Mojave. I confirmed that it was BT LE capable through System Report.

First used SW Cloud 2.5.11. Didn’t connect.
Then I tried SW Desktop (latest version). Synced.
Then I tried Subsurface (latest version). Synced.
Then I tried SW Cloud 2.5.10. Didn’t work at all.
Then I tried SW Cloud 2.5.9. Didn’t connect.
Then I tried SW Cloud 2.5.12. Synced.

I’d previously tried SW Cloud 2.5.13, but it didn’t work at all. So I guess I’ll keep 2.5.12 on until I decide to upgrade to Catalina.

I normally download dives using Cloud app on my iPhone, and never have an issue. Desktop Cloud is really just for firmware updates.
That’s really useful for others to know that they can try different versions and have different outcomes

Just as an update (I now have a Peregrine as well), initial upgrading of both computers to FW81 seemed to go off without a hitch. (I didn't keep notes/pay attention; it's been ages since using Shearwater software)

However, now trying to update the bootup logo, complete failure after trying for nearly 2 hours. Using both Shearwater Desktop (Perdix only) and Shearwater Cloud (2.6.2).

Two different Windows 10 PCs.

Actually connecting is very hit and miss (need to time it just right) and once connected, the software displays a disconnect message shortly after the image download is attempted. ([INFO #99] Dive Computer Disconnected[LE]) and a little while later a red "Timeout" message is displayed on the Shearwater.

Downloading dives (once connected) seems to work fine.

*sigh*

PS. In the meantime I also had a new-model Cosmiq+ and zero problems connecting or downloading via Bluetooth with any of my PCs.

Just tried updating my Perdix AI to 81 via my Windows PC. Could not connect via Desktop. Tried multiple times. Then I tried Cloud and succeeded bluetooth connect and download on second try.

Same for me, could not get desktop to sync. Windows is seeing the device and showing them as connected, but Shearwater Desktop was throwing "error 175: scan found no dive computers". The DC never progress passed the "Wait PC" countdown, though the desktop says "your device is ready to go". Tried both Shearwater dongles, same result; also tried a third-party dongle but same result. All ports and hardware the same as the last time I did a firmware update, except for new software everywhere. Followed the troubleshooting guide, it looks like the drivers are there. When I look in device manager I can see the Perdix.

Switched to my tablet and used Shearwater Cloud, both Petrel2 and Perdix AI updated perfectly.

Ironically I could never get the bluetooth to my tablet/Cloud to hold long enough for a firmware update, it always timed-out. I would do the log via Clould and firmware via Desktop. Today the desktop has deserted me.

Hello mwerle,

We are very sorry you are having so much difficulty connecting to your Perdix AI. Bluetooth connectivity has been an issue back and forth with our dive computers and the four platforms we support (Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS). The latest Windows 10 updates have changed how Bluetooth LE interacts with our dive computers and we are hard at work to improve this connectivity experience.

I'm sorry that I don't have more to say at the moment, but I want you to know that we understand your frustrations at the connection issues, and that we are working hard to fix them.

Any news on this Shearwater?
Straight out of the box I just used my iPhone and SW Cloud iOS App and that worked. I then used the PC app under Windows 7 and was able to download and view my dives from the cloud service. Yesterday I finally tried the supplied BT dongle for a direct download and it does not work. I turned on permissions etc and tried connecting about a dozens times and it timed out each time.

Is there an updated BT dongle driver I can download?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom