Tearing my hair out with Perdix and Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried to sync it with your wife's laptop to rule out that the problem is w/ the Perdix?

Yes, I tired to sync my Perdix with my wife's laptop and it fails. Her Perdix syncs just fine with her laptop.

Yes, I tired to sync my Perdix with my wife's laptop and it fails. Her Perdix syncs just fine with her laptop.
Then there is a real possibility that the problem is with the Perdix. Just one last thing to try. Delete her Perdix from the list of Bluetooth devices from her laptop then try to sync yours.

Just a thought, how about removing the battery until it resets. I understand it has a super capacitor that retains it's memory for about 15 mins. You can also try the "rest to defaults" option at the system setup menu.

I had the same problem with my mac. I did what Pao suggested and cleared all the bluetooth pairings on my computer and started over. I also activated the download log on the laptop prior to initiating the upload log on the perdix. I also placed the perdix right next to the dongle while it was plugged into the laptop. And of course a fresh battery. Even then it took a couple of more tries, but finally worked.

I had a weird issue with my Petrel 2 where it had logged a dive that was really short, can't recall now how short, but one that I wouldn't want to download (1 or 2min maybe?). Deleting that dive out of the Petrel's dive log resolved the issue I was having...worth a look.

Good luck,

I was actually on the phone last week with Shearwater trying to figure out what was going on. The developer I was working with had me try a bunch of things, but he ended up leaning towards a bad Bluetooth dongle and so they are shipping a new one to me. It hasn't arrived as yet.

I'm not convinced that is the issue, but I'll see what happens when it arrives and I test it

I had a weird issue with my Petrel 2 where it had logged a dive that was really short, can't recall now how short, but one that I wouldn't want to download (1 or 2min maybe?). Deleting that dive out of the Petrel's dive log resolved the issue I was having...worth a look.

Good luck,

This. Same thing here, although on a Mac. I discovered it by accident, but deleting that 1:30 minute dunking fixed the sync issue.

Following up on the problem......the new dongle came yesterday and once I swapped it out, the Perdix starting to sync. So it seems that I did in fact have a bad BT dongle.

It took a while to get the replacement, but Shearwater was great in getting the issue resolved.

That solution does not explain your wifes system not picking up you DC. After all she has her own dongle?

Back
Top Bottom