Bought a Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you need to call Shearwater. As to the end dive time delay I like to have mine set to 600 seconds. If you drop down and then have to surface for a problem you end up with another dive. If set to the 10 minutes if you surface briefly for a problem you just continue on the same dive.
That happened to me once on a shore dive. My housing flooded (with TG6 so all good) and I surfaced just to empty the housing and re-close it. I got a second dive!! (Don't tell anyone but I'm counting that as a real dive!!!)

I use the Shearwater app. I wish there was a way to attach pictures but it's not a deal breaker. Sometimes I want to remember where and when I saw 'that thing'. I love that my TG6 tells me what date/time picture were taken and I can cross reference to my dive log, but it would be nice to browse the dive log and have the pic attached without having to search.

I use the Shearwater app. I wish there was a way to attach pictures but it's not a deal breaker. Sometimes I want to remember where and when I saw 'that thing'. I love that my TG6 tells me what date/time picture were taken and I can cross reference to my dive log, but it would be nice to browse the dive log and have the pic attached without having to search.
On subsurface you can attach your media files to the dive log page

On subsurface you can attach your media files to the dive log page
I've been told that - I even have the app. I just don't want to migrate everything over. It was tedious when I went from DiverLog+ to Shearwater (you have to figure out how to make the log start at the right number, and the number is never #1!). Thanks, but I'm hoping that either Shearwater adds the option to add pics or that DiverLog+ picks up Shearwater. In the meantime it's a minor inconvenience. Happy just to get in the water. :) (Maybe one day when I'm bored I'll migrate it all ... who knows?)

I had started using the Shearwater app but found it lacking. I then purchased MacDive and it is great. As to photos when you load them and if they are correctly timestamped they appear on the dive profile at the time they were taken.

That happened to me once on a shore dive. My housing flooded (with TG6 so all good) and I surfaced just to empty the housing and re-close it. I got a second dive!! (Don't tell anyone but I'm counting that as a real dive!!!)
Yeah, and if you are in a class and have to surface class has to surface a few times you have multiple dives. I set it to 600 seconds and never changed. I usually End the Dive manually when I get on the boat. However, the Peregrine stops the dive when it surfaces. So the dive may still be counting but as soon as you End the Dive it cuts it off when at the surface and will show the surface interval starting while bobbing while waiting for the boat.

Yeah, and if you are in a class and have to surface class has to surface a few times you have multiple dives. I set it to 600 seconds and never changed. I usually End the Dive manually when I get on the boat. However, the Peregrine stops the dive when it surfaces. So the dive may still be counting but as soon as you End the Dive it cuts it off when at the surface and will show the surface interval starting while bobbing while waiting for the boat.
Oops. I read the 600s and thought it was a typo and you meant 60. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom