teaching in standards can still be a "bad" instructor - split thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel f aleman:
I don't have comments on any instructors. Just asking about Al's.
Ahhhh. OK I get it. Trolling didn't work, so you have moved on to Phishing.

Carry on then.

daniel f aleman:
Someone has to carry your tanks and make up for instructor deficiencies.
don't forget...fetch coffee

Xanthro:
Logically fallacy. To name a bad NAUI instructor would require first hand knowledge of the instructor's name and that the instructor has not improved since last contact.

Trying to prove there are no bad NAUI instructors by requiring a name is like me trying to prove there are no suicide bombers in the World by asking you to name one who hasn't yet blow himself or herself up.

Are you trying to imply that NAUI has never revoked an instructors license? Because if such an event occured then by definition NAUI had poor instructor.

I'm saying that NAUI does not certifiy "bad" instructors. I know of one NAUI instructor who had his license revoked, and that was due to a criminal conviction. I would guess that more than one NAUI instructor has been told that his license would not be renewed... that's the point, "bad" instructors are weeded out by all agencies fairly quickly, PADI has an entire staff dedicated to instructor "quality control".

Oh, and as to suicide-bomber - one can only be one after the fact.

daniel f aleman:
I'm saying that NAUI does not certifiy "bad" instructors. I know of one NAUI instructor who had his license revoked, and that was due to a criminal conviction. I would guess that more than one NAUI instructor has been told that his license would not be renewed... that's the point "bad" instructors are weeded out by all agencies fairly quickly, PADI has an entire staff dedicated to instructor "quality control".

Oh, and as to suicide-bomber - one can only be one after the fact.
Thats why I asked if you thought the same for TDI. I only know 1 NAUI instructor and he is a very good instructor. (Not good enough for GUE though LOL)

But I do know of 1 bonehead TDI instructor and another who use to be a bonehead, but now has learned to be a good instructor.

JeffG:
Ahhhh. OK I get it. Trolling didn't work, so you have moved on to Phishing.

Carry on then.

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

Al's comment in the first post on this split-thread is the troll, an unsupported comment made to be inflamatory. You know, like, "all DIR people are simple-minded drones". Now, I would never make the claim that, "all DIR people are simple-minded drones", because by using the word "all", in the comment, would be inflamatory.

troll.jpg

daniel f aleman:
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

Al's comment in the first post on this split-thread is the troll, an unsupported comment made to be inflamatory. You know, like, "all DIR people are simple-minded drones". Now, I would never make the claim that, "all DIR people are simple-minded drones", because by using the word "all", in the comment, would be inflamatory.
All in context I guess. I couldn't find where this thread originated, thats kinda why I was asking if this was a NAUI thing...or a non-agency specific thing.

Ok, I'm going to hijack this thread a bit, since it looks like some of you might be instructors or know quite a few of them. When you are learning to be a SCUBA instructor do they teach any pedagogy? Do they (the certification agency you happen to know about) give you methods to help you teach those who struggle and whatnot? After going to school for education I still flew by the seat of my pants the first year in the classroom! Also how much to the agencies give you that you have to work within and how much freedom do you have?

JeffG:
All in context I guess. I couldn't find where this thread originated, thats kinda why I was asking if this was a NAUI thing...or a non-agency specific thing.
I said all agencies have good instructors and bad instructors. Danny comes in and challenges me to name one bad naui instructor.

Of course I can as anyone in the industry can but this guy wants to play war of words.

Back
Top Bottom