teaching in standards can still be a "bad" instructor - split thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky:
So Daniel any instructor that stays within standards would be called good by you? That's all they need to do? Stay within standards?

We're not referencing "good" instructors. You brought up "there are bad NAUI instructors". So, to your above comment: If an instructor stays within standards, and teaches standards, how can he be considered a bad instructor?

good grief dude, do you know anything about instructing? Let me make is kinda simple for you.

There are many areas where you get to determine if a student has "mastered" a skill. I might think he's mastered it, another instructor might not but he only has me, so I turn loose a student that in another instructors opinion may not be ready.

I can stay in standards but perhaps I don't have the people skills or teaching skills to make someone truely comfortable, or truely understand a concept. I'm still within standards but my students may not really "get it".

You know what, I have a feeling you're just trolling here.

So answer my question. Do you honestly feel if an instructor stays within standards he's still considered a good instructor?

you'd be easy to please in a class, unlike this thread

Walter:
I hope one of you ignores the other soon.
Why? The train is still on it tracks.

Daniel, do you feel the same about TDI instructors?

Al Mialkovsky:
I can stay in standards but perhaps I don't have the people skills or teaching skills to make someone truely comfortable, or truely understand a concept. I'm still within standards but my students may not really "get it".

Well, then how did "they" become an instructor in the first place?

(I've DM'd for instructors in six countries and in three different languages, over 500 students including IDCs, IEs, several MDST courses, and many Instructor Specialies courses.)

daniel f aleman:
(I've DM'd for instructors in six countries and in three different languages, over 500 students including IDCs, IEs, several MDST courses, and many Instructor Specialies courses.)
Dude, you must be tired! Take a load off and enjoy the board for a while!:D

You wonder how some become DM's :)

daniel f aleman:
Name me one bad NAUI Instructor.

Logically fallacy. To name a bad NAUI instructor would require first hand knowledge of the instructor's name and that the instructor has not improved since last contact.

Trying to prove there are no bad NAUI instructors by requiring a name is like me trying to prove there are no suicide bombers in the World by asking you to name one who hasn't yet blow himself or herself up.

Are you trying to imply that NAUI has never revoked an instructors license? Because if such an event occured then by definition NAUI had poor instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom