Tank heat wrap, good or bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to clarify, I'm not getting a full hide. I only got the clear wrap, cut it to a quarter size of the tank, and just covered a sticker over. It's clear so I can see if water gets trapped. Maybe I should be more concerned about the sticker?

What do you guys think of large stickers on tanks?

Save your money for all of the much more valuable dive gear you will be wanting. No cylinder was ever bettered by a sticker.

Why do you think rules (when enforced) require removal of any and all stickers? The reason is that bad stuff happens behind them. Watching for bubble is meaningless.

A pretty tank is a sure sign of a newbie.

Or an old timer that just bought a new tank to replace his 20 year old steels.:wink:

Or an old timer that just bought a new tank to replace his 20 year old steels.:wink:
Old-timers know that a tank, like fine furniture, is more valuable when it has been distressed. It's important to break them in by rolling them across the parking lot before you take them home the first time. Instant panache. :eyebrow:

As I was reading this I was thinking about the tanks in Bonaire any high volume dive resort really just Bonaire is fresh in my mind. The tanks there don't have Vis stickers and the nitrox stickers and barely there on most of them. Like a badge of honor.

It's all in what you call pretty - scratches, scrapes, and just a little corrosion and other signs of being used and used again is - well - beautiful.

Yes, I know I have to remove it and reapply later, but between that time, I'm hoping that it won't hurt the tank.

Is the tank aliminum or steel?

If the answer is steel forget about the tank wrap.

Is the tank aliminum or steel?

If the answer is steel forget about the tank wrap.

It's galvanized steel, so I know I don't need one for any sort of protective covering. I just use it to protect a sticker I put on there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom