Clean outside of tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apologies to the OP. in true Scooba Bored fashion, we've turned off on a tangent and took the thread on a detour.

Apologies to the OP. in true Scooba Bored fashion, we've turned off on a tangent and took the thread on a detour.
Without the rants, this place would be boring. You did answer OP's question though!

Thanks everyone! I posted this then got super busy and kind of forgot about it. I actually talked to the original owner and he said it in fact, did just sit in a tank of fresh water holding down the other gear to rinse it. I don't know how long but maybe its hard water stains or somehting?

Either way, I think I'm going to try a few of these suggestions. Thanks!!

My aluminum tanks get bead blasted at hydro. So they look like brand new every 5 years.

Thanks everyone! I posted this then got super busy and kind of forgot about it. I actually talked to the original owner and he said it in fact, did just sit in a tank of fresh water holding down the other gear to rinse it. I don't know how long but maybe its hard water stains or somehting?

Either way, I think I'm going to try a few of these suggestions. Thanks!!
If that's just discoloration from submersion in water, the scotchbrite with the grain of the original brush finish (spray on water or vinegar/water to aid lifting and let the old AL oxides run off) will clean that up to like new in about 5 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom