Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Swampers, I just returned from Windy Point and the place looks great for this weekends Fling! The lake is low and vis is not the best, but we all know that good vis is overrated. The weather looks great and we've got a nice big spot in the shade, with three fire rings surrounding the trees that will make great campsites.

For those who arrive Friday, head straight down hill to the trees in the center of the park. There is a smoker there surrounded by three picnic tables, and probably some firewood. This is the "cookin' area" and anyone can use the smoker and tables for this purpose. I'd suggest snatching up the shady spaces all around just leave some open space to hang out in the shade.

The crowds and classes usually don't show up till Saturday morning and we'll have some nice shaded areas "occupied" or marked off for those coming Saturday.

There will be a DIMWIT Dive Manual in the cooking area with a sign in sheet inside. Please sign in when you get there, so we'll have a record of who came and how many mouths to feed Saturday night and Sunday morning :wink:

Looking forward to a great weekend! :D

sigh - looks like I am not going to make it - now that we are caring for two little ones (grandkids), my weekends are getting absorbed. hope to at least get to CSSP saturday - ya all have a fun and safe weekend.

But no one has asked the most important question.... What flavor Jello Shots????

Wild Cherry or Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry .

Wait a minute that last one was a Funny Face drink flavor.

What ever...... just give me the shot instead :wink:

Flavor? I always thought the purple went down nicely... :confused:

Well, I won't be able to make it until Saturday afternoon. But I will be staying the night this time. So hold me a spot for the tent.

Ya'll have fun!! I dug my gear out of the closet and thought that I might be able to sneak away for the day Saturday, but it isn't gonna work. Too much to do, too little time.

What do I win if I pick right? :wink:

How about I don't lose any of your gear while we dive? Or I will let you win the biggest booger contest... always such a classy title, you know. Or, maybe... just MAYBE... you will get to share your long hose? (get your minds out of the gutter, folks!!!! I've always admired his octo!!)

I was at Windy Point today securing a mooring line for Giant Stride on the north end of the park so the boat can tie off while staging before or between charters. While the boat is not tied up the line can be used as a descent line to the edge of the wall, currently around 45'. If you find the blue clorox bottle cap below could you please put it back on the bottle? Slippery fingers here dropped it....:idk:

Temps:
Surface - 82*
Surface to 25' - High 70's
25' - 35' - Mid 70's
35' - 50' - Low 70's

Visibility - Standard 5' - 10', above 30' was on the lower end of vis, below 30' things were better.

Hope this helps with wet suit planning. Enjoy the weekend.

Robert Weiss
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Hey Swampers, I just returned from Windy Point and the place looks great for this weekends Fling! The lake is low and vis is not the best, but we all know that good vis is overrated. The weather looks great and we've got a nice big spot in the shade, with three fire rings surrounding the trees that will make great campsites.

For those who arrive Friday, head straight down hill to the trees in the center of the park. There is a smoker there surrounded by three picnic tables, and probably some firewood. This is the "cookin' area" and anyone can use the smoker and tables for this purpose. I'd suggest snatching up the shady spaces all around just leave some open space to hang out in the shade.

The crowds and classes usually don't show up till Saturday morning and we'll have some nice shaded areas "occupied" or marked off for those coming Saturday.

There will be a DIMWIT Dive Manual in the cooking area with a sign in sheet inside. Please sign in when you get there, so we'll have a record of who came and how many mouths to feed Saturday night and Sunday morning :wink:

Looking forward to a great weekend! :D

Poll is now closed... Thanks for participating! #'s look great, looking forward to hanging & diving w/ everyone this weekend! :D

I'll be there!
21 - 33.33%

I hope to make it, but I'm not certain...
28 - 44.44%

I can't make it.
14 - 22.22%

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom