Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really glad i got to dive with you guys, even if I got their late and could only do 2 dives! I'm glad i finally got to meet some of the Swampers!

Can't wait to dive with more of you guys!

Absolutely dam* fantastic weekend... Thanks to Zinc and everyone who went out of their way to make it perfect... Sets a pretty high standard for the NE Texas group when ya'll come back to CSSP...

So now, Broken Bow when???

Thanks again

Charlie and Donna

I had a great time and it was fun getting to know Swampers from all over Texas. Thanks for organizing the event Zinc and thanks for the pictures Jen! See you all next time!

Thank you Zinc for putting together this great event. It was nice to meet some of the characters face to face. Sorry I was not able to spend more time out there with the gang, but such is the life of a shop owner. Special thanks to all the north Texas swampers who made the extra effort to travel to Austin.

Melissa and I had a great time too! It was really nice to catch up with everyone and meet new divers.

Hey! I was there...well, in spirit the whole time and I have a witness that I did finally show even if it was so late that all I did was help Zinc pack his gear into his truck!!! LOL! austinspace...help a brother out!!

Sorry for missing most ya'll...especially those of you that drove in from other parts of the state. Definitely my loss, but I did have a real good excuse...maybe I'll bring her along next year! :wink:

Here's the list... let me know if you didn't get to sign in :wink:

Zinc
Timeliner
Downunderjenn
Firefyter
Deadly.risk
Austinspace
Rumbum
Chrispete
Chucksaul
ZzzKing
Foo
Cuda66
Subzero
Bogrady
Frisk151
Kantz
MsKlantz
PeppermintPaddi
Carrielsal
Sharkgal
& the youngest Swamper in the group...
Natalie

Thanks for the thanks, & to everyone that came out, brought food, cooking utensils, tables, chipped in $, lended a hand, shopped, cooked, cleaned, took pics, entertained, and had a really good time congregating, camping, & diving together this past weekend.

It takes a great group to do this kinda thing and that's what we've got and are all about. I'm looking forward to the next time! :D

I am really bummed that I missed this event!

But, I had a good excuse . . . . . .. I think.
Some times, I wonder :hm:

Hey everyone, I had a wonderful time at the Spring Fling!! I ditto the thanks to Zinc for his amazing spearheading of activities and events, and appreciate him starting this whole idea, and the food was absolutely perfect. I really appreciated having the shuttle out there also! This event wouldn't have happened without Zincs' work, and we all want him to know how much we appreciate him. Maybe the Governor could award him a Supper Diver medal? (who around here still remembers "Supper Diver"??? lol!!)

Windy Point is breathtakingly beautiful, especially now with the White Cliffs of Dover. (Lake Travis is 34' low. YES, 34 FEET. Two platforms are above the water now. The sunset was very nice to enjoy on Saturday evening, and there was a nice, cooling breeze the entire time we were there. I thoroughly enjoyed being comfortable in 97 degree weather, and never had to use mosquito repellent! The live oaks are so shady, they don't grow so low to the ground and wide, up north. Perfect camping.

The other local Swampers welcomed us with open arms and shared air, ideas,stories, food, etc. So many interesting people!!! So many fun people!! Thanks to Timeliner, ZzzKing, Klantz, and DeadlyRisk (my new dive buddy!) for the music Saturday night, they can all pick a mean guitar and Timeliner jams out on the banjo, thanks sooo much, guys!!

Thanks to Firefyter, ChuckSaul, DeadlyRisk and Zinc for helping me tote my gear around all weekend, you ROCK. And you did it with a smile, bless you all for having pity on me. I think I shall milk this knee thing a bit longer, it sure makes things easier (on ME!) :wink: Thanks to Miss Natalie for being the most fun of anyone. Zzz... how wonderful to be blessed with such a sweet little girl, and you are to be commended for sharing your time with her the way you do.

DeadlyRisk, you were a super dive buddy, thanks for sharing your 10th dive with me, and I appreciate you convincing me to go ahead and braille dive in search of better vis. We found the wall, and after that it was fun! You are a cool-headed, excellent diver, and I hope to see you at the pond many more times in the future. Mama say if you ever break up with your gf, I do have a beautiful, single, diving daughter... :wink:

The Swampers are an amazing group- all different walks of life represented, ages, etc., yet we mesh as family. (better than some folks families, hehe)

Now... I've been trying to think of a way to razz K-Valve about his non-presence at his own party... and I think we just have to forgive him. After all- we wouldn't have these great Dimwit shirts if it weren't for him. How else could we have even known who each other were without our Dimwit shirts??? How else could we get half-price air fills without our Dimwit shirts??? How else would we look like goobers without our Dimwit shirts??? :) Therefore we should lovingly forgive him.

HOWEVER, I DO ISSUE A PROCLAMATION: HENCEFORTH, WHEN A SWAMPDIVER DOES NOT SHOW UP, THIS GAUCHE BEHAVIOR SHALL NO LONGER BE REFERRED TO AS BEING "FOOED", BUT IS HENCEFORTH KNOWN AS BEING "K-VALVED." SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE.

Please come north soon, if any of you come to CSSP especially, let us know! FooMan and I are camping out there July 4th weekend in the TMOW. Maybe some of you can join us then? Till we meet again, I am a foo for you all.

Teri

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom