Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zinc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Swamper Fling
June 19-21, 2009
Windy Point Park

Howdy ya'll. Don't miss the Texas Swamp Diver Fling at Windy Point Park on Lake Travis, Austin, TX June 19-21. This is an open invite to all fellow Swamp Divers from around the state and their guests. Not a Texas Swamp Diver? Come on out and dive w/ one of us - it's our only membership requirement :wink:

Windy Point Park has diving possibilities for everyone with depths to 130'+, fish, wrecks, walls, sculptures and more. On-site air-fills, entry stairs, dive platforms, porto-potties, showers, plenty of trees and open space make diving/camping easy. For those who'd prefer a bed, there are plenty of lodging options in nearby Austin & Cedar Park. Camper/RV parking available, contact park.

Texas Swamp Divers are an informal group with no organized leadership or membership dues of any kind. This is a FREE EVENT, open to anyone; Normal park fees apply, check the website for more info: www.windypointpark.com

1/2 PRICE AIR-FILLS​

w/ Texas Swamp Diver T-Shirt

This will be a fun time of divin' conversin' cookin' eatin' drinkin' fire watchin' and all the other "n's" that go w/ a great Texas Swamp Diver campout. We'll use this thread to help organize, ask/answer questions, etc. as the dates approach. Any other thoughts or contributions welcome. More to come from anyone... Lookin' forward to seeing everyone!:D

Please participate in the poll, to help get an idea of who'll be there. Just know that there's no way to change the answer later; no biggie :cool2:

Attachments

• uwmap_sm.gif
    uwmap_sm.gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 104
K-valve & I will be grillin' up a fajita feast for those around the Saturday evening campfire... :cool2:
Side contributions welcome :wink:

I'm in Austin so there's no real reason I shouldn't be there, but I might be hitting a Flower Gardens Trip that weekend. Not quite sure yet. We'll see when it gets a little closer!

Is this Richard's Windy Point? Or the public side of Windy Point? Reason I ask is I don't remember jet ski rentals and a boat ramp at Richard's.

It's Richard's side of the park. He's not doing the jet ski rentals this year from what I understand. Hope you and Beast can make it out! It'd be great to see you guys again!

Would love to make this if I'm up to it by then- having knee surg next week, lonnnng overdue. Here's hoping to see yall again, soon! It was great of yall to come to CSSP last year, and a fun idea to do it at Travis this year. Even if I don't dive, maybe FooMan and I will still make the trip? Only time will tell about this one, my friends. Thanks for organizing it!

Is this Richard's Windy Point? Or the public side of Windy Point? Reason I ask is I don't remember jet ski rentals and a boat ramp at Richard's.

You're right he doesn't have jet ski rentals or a boat ramp on his side. However, when Travis County Parks took the Barstow's land way back when old man Barstow (an attorney) secured free access for his family and patrons to the boat ramp and water on the public side (Bob Wentz Park). That means that you can use the boat ramp if you are staying at Windy Point Public and renting the Barstow's Jet Skis. I don't know if he is renting them or not this year, but it's easy enough to find out. Just email them at info@windypointpark.com. I don't know if we can just use the boat ramp for free just because we're staying at WPP. You'd have to ask that in your email too. I do know that they only have access to the water which mean, according to one of the Park Rangers, "No lingering." In other words go straight to the water and get off the land without any messing around. What a bunch of :lotsalove:. They basically steal the guy's land then act like asses to him and his patrons.

Tell em, K-Valve. No Lingering!!!!

The Lake Travis Diver Shuttle can be used to transport you from Windy Point Private to the water access on the easement, thus eliminating any concern about access to the entry point. I will be out of town but can arrange for the shuttle to be available. This would prevent any unnecessary lingering.

Now available at Windy Point Private: Use the LTS shuttle to move your gear from the car to your camp site/gear set up when shore diving. $2 one way, $5 all day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom