Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of you may have Portable Tables.
If you don't mind bringing them, they would surely prove useful.
Thanks! -Zn

I have a folding 4x8 table I'll bring along.

I'll be the one in the bucket camo hat around 3 Friday...possibly impaled via fiberglass tent pole :shakehead:

Cool, I'll be out there by 6pm :D

This is a really cool idea, and a great dive. From the Public side heading north you'll pass grottos, a geocache, the scoreboard, some really big trees, a few boats and the rest of the stuff on the private side, all in a one way trip back to Windy Point Park :wink:
Sounds great!! What is the depth and length of the dive?

Have decided to wait and drive in on Friday- should be there by 3, hopefully earlier. I'll be the young, tall, sinewy brunette... or maybe the short, frumpy, bleached blonde with spider veins. You decide. Good luck.

I'll be the young, tall, sinewy brunette... or maybe the short, frumpy, bleached blonde with spider veins. You decide. Good luck.

What do I win if I pick right? :wink:

Sounds great!! What is the depth and length of the dive?

Hmmm... lake is 34' down, my guess is most of the stuff would be average depth of 45' and heading north probably 45min to reach stair one. Of course if you take your time, look around more, you might only make it to stair 3 or 4. Point is you're back at Windy Point Park - a one way trip :wink:

Explore Shaker Plant during the Swamper Fling

K-Valve is the DM on Giant Stride on Sunday and will be leading a dive to Shaker Plant in the morning.

Shaker Plant was used to provide crushed rock during the construction of Mansfield Dam; attached is a photo during construction of the dam. You can see a diagonal line crossing about the middle of the Sometimes Island where the conveyor system brought materials from the plant to the dam. A large monolithic structure and pieces of equipment remain to be explored.

Catch the shuttle driver to sign up for the Sunday morning dive and experience another site on Lake Travis not accessible from shore.

Dive Safe,

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Mansfield Aerial - Shaker Plant.jpg

What do I win if I pick right? :wink:

You'll win a weekend of witty banter with either a tall, sinewy brunette or a petite bleached blonde. Choose wisely!

Thank you, Zzz, for changing me from frumpy to petite! You rock! As for you, Timeliner... you already know the truth, so- I guess it's spider veins for you! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom