Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone is planning on arriving Thursday night, please PM me & I'll meet you when you get there. Gotta work the next day, but it'd be good to help get things situated. :wink: -Brandon

Is anybody else bringing a spear gun ????

I was thinking about Fish for Dinner one night if they present themselves. :crafty:

I don't have a spear gun, but fish tacos sound tasty :D

FYI - While spearfishing is not allowed in Windy Point Park, you can be out of the park w/ a 100' swim north from Stair #1 :wink:

I have an old 3-pronged pole spear I'm bringing. There are tilapia in the lake, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since they aren't endemic to TX waters they are not yet classified as a sport fish and are fair game. :D

It's not legal to spear anything classified as a sport fish no matter where you are in the lake. That includes just about every freakin' species of fish except Tilapia and gar. Of course, what anyone does underwater is their own business. Far be it from me to turn down a catfish dinner or ask where it came from though!!:wink:

I will be there. Count me in for Fajitas, my wife may join me(non diver). Does anyone know how much they charge for a non diver who will be camping for one night?

$10 for one weekend night camping

If you'd like to help w/ the cookin'/grillin'... Now is the time to let me know (PM OK). We don't need too many cooks in the kitchen, but if you'd really like to help w/ the cooking, & perhaps have some grillin' skills, maybe a frying pan or grill to contribute, then please let us know. The 2009 Grillin' crew is looking great so far :D

I'll also add that those that are gifted w/ the desire to prepare tasty food/snacks are also encouraged to PM me if you want to help... ;-)

Everyone else, please bring some side, chips, dips, or a $5 donation and we should all eat well:D

Hmmmmm..... 'What to do during a Surface Interval ?

How about Croquet ???

There is a bunch of flat ground covered with grass there.

' Anybody up for a little bit of Poison ? :crafty:

Some of you may have Portable Tables.
If you don't mind bringing them, they would surely prove useful.
Thanks! -Zn

FYI - Windy Point Park is situated on a modest slope above lake Travis. The park provides some wheeled carts to transport gear from the parking lot to your camping area, but it is still a haul (feels like up hill both ways :wink:).

Good news! Lake Travis Scuba is operating from Windy Point Park this year and you can use their 4X4 shuttle to move all your scuba & camping gear from the parking lot to your site for as little as $2 one-way, $5 all-day. I've paid sherpas in the interior of Mexico more to haul less gear... Sherpas Rock!!! :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom