Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be glad to pitch in $ for fajitas, will bring chips, dips, etc. I'm wondering if there's anyone else who would be there either thursday night or Friday during the day? Looks like I'm needing to cut out early on Sunday, so will need to come on in earlier. Father's day, you know...

I will be there. Count me in for Fajitas, my wife may join me(non diver). Does anyone know how much they charge for a non diver who will be camping for one night?

We also are looking forward to getting to be a part of Texas Swamp Divers.

Aim high I always say.

I will be glad to pitch in $ for fajitas, will bring chips, dips, etc. I'm wondering if there's anyone else who would be there either thursday night or Friday during the day? Looks like I'm needing to cut out early on Sunday, so will need to come on in earlier. Father's day, you know...

Hey Foo... Getting there early is great, it'll help w/ occupying spots!
I'll send you a PM shortly... for more info :wink:

Aim high I always say.

So I'm thinking that if we did the math, that if you take how many people actually dive and figure out how many of them actually HAVE participated in a Bones Ceremony... well, this is a higher aspiration than many may think, to be in that small minority. I'm just saying.

:cool2:

Welcome, Brandon- you have been warned and still plan to join- a brave man, no doubt.

Dee! Please say you and Beast are still attending? I haven't seen you in like 4-5 years! Too long...

Can someone PULLLEEEASE recommend nearby lodging? Thanks!!

Hi Foo,

Your best shot will be to stay in either Cedar Park or Leander. Hope this helps, Hotels in Leander, TX - Yellow Pages - Switchboard.com

Lake Line is closer and less traffic hassle and there is a listing for a motel on Volente Beach that I know nothing about.

Robert at Lake Travis Scuba has better insight on area hotels than I have.

I am coming down on fri to camp havent decided how early tho depends on what time some other are getting there i have to come back sat evening to get ready for work on sun i am off all day fri so its not that big of a problem for me to get there in early after noon:mooner:

I'm a DM but I am not sure yet if I can make it. Regardless I dont have any insurance so I cant do any Discover Scuba dives.

A list of hotels and lodging near to Windy Point is on the Maps and Locations tab on the web site....Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba. Hope it helps all that will be attending.

I will be out of town, diving in the blue waters, but Giant Stride will be operating during the Swamper Fling with a guest skipper. I hope you get a chance to take a dive from the boat during the weekend. Space will be first come, first served. Reservations are not required for the weekend, just track down the shuttle or ask Zinc to hook you up.

Dive Safe and Often,

Robert

Back
Top Bottom