Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey thanks for the info man this sounds like its gunna be a big party, but i feel like i'm gunna be one of the younger ones here but i'm pumped this just sounds like its gunna be so much fun i dont usually meet a lot of divers maybe a handful at the shops up here, oh and wondering how far everyeone else is driving to get to this, i looked it up 348 miles to get there from my house so about 6 hours, i'm losing sleep cuz i keep thinking about this its bad
hi my name is zach wallace and i'm and addicted

Zach, how old are you? My group that heads up from Dayton is also of the younger end. I'm 24, my GF who will be there is...roughly the same age (don't want to get myself in trouble :D ) I usually have friends who are bubble watchers with me as well as a few driver friends who are late 20's early thirties.

I plan on bringing about 2 gallons of homemade chicken soup. If that is not enough, I can make more. Let me know. A cauldron would be great to keep it warm. I'll also get either bowls or hot cups for the soup and spoons.

Maybe Ted can put up another post listing who is coming and what they are bringing to the event. :blinking:

That makes 2 people bringing soup as JWALKO signed up for it months ago. If there is room for the cauldron I'll bring it.

I'll think of something else on the healthy end of the spectrum to bring.

Paula

just turned 23 on the 2nd, my GF is 22 so thats cool, i might bring my buddy pritch to dive but he doesn't know if he can get time off, i'm wondering now is there supposed to be no beer there??? i dont like liquor really just tanqueray, if thats the case i will have to bring a coffee mug a big one
wally

hey thanks for the info man this sounds like its gunna be a big party, but i feel like i'm gunna be one of the younger ones here but i'm pumped this just sounds like its gunna be so much fun i dont usually meet a lot of divers maybe a handful at the shops up here, oh and wondering how far everyeone else is driving to get to this, i looked it up 348 miles to get there from my house so about 6 hours, i'm losing sleep cuz i keep thinking about this its bad
hi my name is zach wallace and i'm and addicted

There will be great range of divers. & yes, there will be several on the young side. Ber is an instructor at Wright State so her students are college age. & several of her past students have joined the GLWC and attend that are post college. & without naming names there are some that could be considered grandparent age. :wink:

I didnt realize there was another offer of soup on the table here. I can still bring the chicken soup or change it to chili instead if that is preferred.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didnt realize there was another offer of soup on the table here. I can still bring the chicken soup or change it to chili instead if that is preferred.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not sure how much soup JWALKO was planning on bringing but if the past is any indicator the more soup the better. No matter what the weather is the water is going to be COLD and soup is a great between dive warmer. We've kept it available at all times, not just at meals for that reason.

I'm not sure how much soup JWALKO was planning on bringing but if the past is any indicator the more soup the better. No matter what the weather is the water is going to be COLD and soup is a great between dive warmer. We've kept it available at all times, not just at meals for that reason.

Well then, I prefer chicken soup to chili so maybe i will bring both and there really cant be too much chicken soup. Especially when it is cold. Thanks for the clarification.

Hopefully Ted will see this and post an updated attendance list and a food list.

Posted via Mobile Device

I know food, fun and merriment is the focus of this primo event, but I was thinking that a UW group photo would be a great way to show some camaraderie.

Would a group dive late Friday afternoon or Mid-morning on Saturday fit into the plans of the this esteemed group? I figure that with a 16mm fisheye lens we could get a large group in view.

I know food, fun and merriment is the focus of this primo event, but I was thinking that a UW group photo would be a great way to show some camaraderie.

Would a group dive late Friday afternoon or Mid-morning on Saturday fit into the plans of the this esteemed group? I figure that with a 16mm fisheye lens we could get a large group in view.

Good Luck.. I have been mentioning this Every Year Since. If I remember correctly on Mittens Trailer '03 and as you can see it has yet to happen. I highly doubt it will. you might be able to wrangle up a small group. I just dont think you are going to be able to get the whole group at once.

Back
Top Bottom