Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like it's going to be a very intereseting new dive site, once it's filled and ready to go!

A quick Google ([google]c-130e 64-0557[/google]) already shows some worthwhile information on the C-130. It'd be neat to get some photos and video when it's put somewhat back together. (It always makes me quiet when I see a plane with a long history in pieces.)

Are they going to put it under intact? If it wouldn't be a burden, I'd love to drive over from Baton Rouge to shoot a few (dry-land) frames of that. It seems the type of thing that would be a very worthy subject of a photo essay. (At least for a diver with a long-standing love of aviation.)

If you guys were looking for volunteer manpower (especially with that 130), on the surface or anything suitable or within acceptable skills for a rooky diver (only 21 dives as of today)... I'm interested. I think it's a bit if a hike from Dallas that way, but I'd be willing to toss in a weekend or two to get familiar with the area and chance to play with the plane... :-D

If there is a chance, PM me for details. Thanks again for the photos. Since you snagged the tail number, I'll get busy and see if I can find out the aircraft's story...

jc3.

The plan is to sink it intact as possible. I am not sure how good the seams will look but I hope they can get some guys that do a pretty good job.

I know there are alot of people volunteering to help as needed. I will be sure to let the owner know that yall are willing to also help out.

I will be sure to keep giving yall up dates as I can. There are many people that come by and check the lake out all the time. But do to insurance reason can mainly only step out on the back deck.

Clay, If that is the same plane it does have a little history. You got me a little nterested and finding otu more about this plane.

Does anyone know if this is the biggest scuba park in the U.S.?

The lake is suppose to be 55 acres. And from what I read Dutch Springs is 50 acres so it looks like Mammoth Lake will be the biggest if water level gets to the height that is predicted. But even if it doesn't Mammoth Lake will be one of the biggest dive lakes. Plus the only dive lake with a C-130.

It's all gonna come down to the vis....won't matter what's in it or how big it is if the vis is terrible.....

What's the predicted vis and what are your plans to achieve it, or improve it?

They are hoping for 10'-20'. They are working with TAMU and TPWD to get plants and fish that will help to improve the vis. They are also looking into system is to filter the water also. The owner is willing to so about anything to make this good lake.

MichaelBaranows:
They are hoping for 10'-20'. They are working with TAMU and TPWD to get plants and fish that will help to improve the vis. They are also looking into system is to filter the water also. The owner is willing to so about anything to make this good lake.

Pass this link on to the owner
http://www.canadianpond.ca/homeb.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom