Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in the dive shop yesterday. Over heard store clerk tell someone on the phone that the latest target opening time is sometime in the fall.

Spencermm:
I was in the dive shop yesterday. Over heard store clerk tell someone on the phone that the latest target opening time is sometime in the fall.
Wow! That's when I'm doing divemaster, now, too! (Someday, I'll be involved in something that is known with specificity far ahead of time. Hasn't happened yet, of course.)

Ya, I have a little bad news. They were orginally hoping to open in August but there have been a few set backs. With all the rain we have been getting we have not been able to work on as much. So now they are rolling back the grand opening back to hopefully this fall. There are have been a few new photos added. That include some of the pavilions and the C-130 being reconstructed.

Bad news? *Bad* news?!? That's *great* news!

(Okay, so we're all anxious to try out a new site, but at least I won't have a potential scheduling conflict between diving the opening and vacationing with J. Now, if only she could get around to deciding on which side of the Pacific our vacation will be. :D)

Do you know how deep the lake is gonna be?
Foo2

The projected depth for most of the lake will be about 45' with deep hole being about 65'-70'. Things are looking better. When I was doing some work on a few of the wreck a few weeks about viz. was about 8' and schools of 6" large mouth bass.

Very cool! Thanks for the info and maybe the foos can dive with you out there when it is completed!
Foo2

MichaelBaranows:
The projected depth for most of the lake will be about 45' with deep hole being about 65'-70'. Things are looking better. When I was doing some work on a few of the wreck a few weeks about viz. was about 8' and schools of 6" large mouth bass.
Hey Michael,
I'm hoping after I get my C card(in a few weeks) and Stress and Rescue, Mike will let me do some volunteer work out there. I don't really care what I'd be doing, long as it's near the water.
Spencer

Checking out the gallery, there are new photos up. I thought it was rather interesting to compare the two overlapping views from July 9th and August 25th.

Any new thoughts on when it might eventually be open?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom