Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did some work dives on Saturday. We added a few guide lines and cleared some cables. Dove the shuttle and it was a cool dive. While yall are at it be sure to check out some of the other photos. http://main.zgib.net/galleries/hydrosports/

Last I heard was still openning in November but some talk this last weekend that might wait a little longer to get everything totally finished before opening.

MichaelBaranows:
Last I heard was still opening in November but some talk this last weekend that might wait a little longer to get everything totally finished before opening.
Hmm... so now the question is which will come first -- my DM, my birthday, or my first dive at Mammoth... :biggrin:

Now that it's October, I figure it's time to ask how things are going (since there haven't been any new photos since the August 25th set).

WOW- going to be quite the place!

i've been anxiously waiting for this place to open! hope they open while the water's still warm!!

I posted this on another thread but I figured I would also post it over in this on also.

We have been hoping Mammoth Lake would be openby now, but we are waiting on the lake owner(not shop owner) to build entry points. So right now it looks like Mammoth Lake will not be open to the public until spring. The pump has been turned back on and then they have also been pumping out of another sand pit across the street so the water is coming up quick again. Water is coming up about 2" a day. Right now there are very few thing still above water.

We also have the sparger(sp) system that is to circulate the water and cut down on growth of algae. So we are starting to plan were this needs to be placed. I hope that we get in it before the water gets too cold.

Most everything is underwater so the photos haven't changed much lately.

http://main.zgib.net/galleries/hydrosports/mammoth-lake-1

The missle photo on the 4th row of the missles are now underwater. The water is up to the arm pits of the gorilla and close to over the body of the sub.

Hmm... so now the question is which will come first -- my DM, my birthday, or my first dive at Mammoth... :biggrin:
We have been hoping Mammoth Lake would be open by now, but we are waiting on the lake owner(not shop owner) to build entry points. So right now it looks like Mammoth Lake will not be open to the public until spring.
And with that, Birthday wins by four lengths.

We have been hoping Mammoth Lake would be openby now, but we are waiting on the lake owner(not shop owner) to build entry points. So right now it looks like Mammoth Lake will not be open to the public until spring.

Please say it's not true!!! This is starting to sound a bit like the Texas Clipper saga!:shakehead:

Please say it's not true!!! This is starting to sound a bit like the Texas Clipper saga!:shakehead:

You know what they say about things in Texas,, big & slow.....hope it gets done by next year.....it sounds interesting.......What's max depth supposed to be when completed??

We are expecting about 65'-70' for max. depth. It is not going to be a "Clipper Saga" cause staff is already diving the lake working on different stuff.

Just want to make sure that everything is ready before the lake is open. Cause if it is open early and not great it doesn't take long with the internet to get a bad public face.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom