Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may have missed it, but what was the vis?

By comparing the 10-28 and 12-16 picts of the sub it looks like the water has risen a couple of feet or so in that time span. What is the anticipated max depth of the area when full?

We are still expecting 10'-15' more feet to give a depth in the 65'-70'.

We are still expecting 10'-15' more feet to give a depth in the 65'-70'.
Shhhh! Don't tell the Lake Lanier Looney Birds over in Atlanta. They might come in the night and truck off a few hundred acre-feet. :D

(One of these days, I'll get to dive [or hike] Lake Lanier. I was over there last weekend for a class, but we dove the Dive Haven quarry.)

Any chance they're thinking about eventually setting up a nice wide-angle webcam? :biggrin:

Ok, so what's the deal with the C130 wreckage? It seems to be above the projected surface level in the pictures.

The C-130 is going to be reassembled before it is placed in the lake. Most likely it will not be in the lake when the lake opens for business. Right now I really have no idea when it will be ready to dive. I am sure it will be a pretty big event to get the C-130 into the lake. I am going to try and get that on video.

New photos from last night are in the gallery.

Oh, and they open precisely two months from today!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom