Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was just down there the week before Christmas. All was looking good. They were placing buoys in the rain that day. My dad lives down there and just got certified thru Hydrosports. I'll be heading that way again next week. Staying a few days with the old man and then going to the dive show in Houston.

Any news on the web site or brochure? (Or perhaps news on the brochure being posted on the web site?) I'd like to start trying to get a caravan together to head over for opening day, but it'd be an easier sell if I had something to show off. :biggrin:

The bouchure was made for the dive show but it was put together in about 15 minutes Friday night cause the computer crashed. I heard the new website looks great but I have not been able to see it yet.

Hydrpsports Scuba/Mammoth Lake had a booth at the Texas Dive Show which allowed many divers get information about the lake. There was alot of interest from everyone ready to dive Mammoth Lake. There was a little criticism that Mammoth Lake isn't open yet. We still have alot of work to be done.

As of last week three additional entry ramps were within 10' of the water ready to add floating platforms when it started raining. I am sure they will be back hard at work this week.

This coming Friday and Saturday shop staff will be installing the sparger system that will help clear the water. Then a few weeks later the floculent(sp) will be added that is to make suspended particles settle.

I will be sure to let everyone know when the website is working.

Unless something major goes wrong Mammoth Lake will be open for business March 1st.

Unless something major goes wrong Mammoth Lake will be open for business March 1st.

So who is up for a road trip? I doubt I could go opening day, but would be interested in a trip at a later date. How long will that drive be from Austin?

Willie

He is a few photos added of the marine life.
Saw the fishies yesterday. :biggrin:

I'm assuming that http://www.MammothLakeScubaPark.com/ will be the web site for Mammoth Lake Scuba Park -- at least, the domain is registered to HydroSports Scuba. :) I have it in my set of morning bookmarks so I'll know within a day if it changes to actual content.

If you happen to get your hands on anything (even a pamphlet hand-written on the back of a McDonald's napkin), please do send it along. It's now only 30 days until March 1st, and if I'm to have any hope of getting some people together to head over from the Baton Rouge area, I could really use *something*.

"How long will that drive be from Austin?"
3 1/2 hours-ish, depending on route. I take the back roads through West Columbia and Rosenburg rather than drive through Houston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom