Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fees sound good, for entrance and fills. Keep us posted about the yearly passes.

Dave

With all the trips I made up and down the dock this last few weeks I would like a sherpa also.

I may have stepped over the line with this post but I understand that everything has a cost and I don't think anyone ever said that SCUBA was cheap.

I have no say on the price and I am sure everyone would like not have to pay to dive but many times dives have to pay. But there are many things that have to be pay for when operating a scuba park (electric cost for aeration system, insurance, staff, maintence). Plus how many other places have over 60 wrecks, including 4 fire trucks, F-5, King Kong, many boats (including several over 30' and a 60' sail boat), and C-130 in the future.

But I think there is a cost for other locations and not much of a difference in price to other locations. Maybe the owner will working on frequent diver program.

Athens Scuba Park $15, Air fills $5
Twin Lakes $15, Air fills $8
Blue Lagoon $15, Air fills $8
Aquarena Springs $30 (unless you are a Scientific Diver) No air fills

Clear Springs Scuba Park--$20,,,,air I think $7

Any idea when new photos will be posted so we can get an idea of how much the water level has risen?

Thanks

With all the trips I made up and down the dock this last few weeks I would like a sherpa also.

I may have stepped over the line with this post but I understand that everything has a cost and I don't think anyone ever said that SCUBA was cheap.

I have no say on the price and I am sure everyone would like not have to pay to dive but many times dives have to pay.

Easy there...I didn't say anything about diving for free, or that scuba was inexpensive. I don't know who owns the park, but they can charge what they want...it's their park after all. I still would like a dive sherpa though. :D

I am sorry if I seemed defenceive but it seems like people are already wanting stuff for free.

But I have to agree that a dive sherpa and a scooter would be nice. I will see if I can post some photos of the ramps cause several are a little high. The one showed on the photos is one of the lesser slope. I made several trips up and down the ramps and stairs the last two weekends and my legs felt it Sunday.

And as the water comes up it seems that the wrecks get farther from the entries.

Did I mention, I've got great rates? :D

-ClayJar
Official Dive Sherpa for Hazelnut Scuba

Ha! Too bad you're way out in Lousiana. I would pay to have someone lug my doubles around!! :wink: I bet I know a few other guys who would keep you busy too. :)

I am sorry if I seemed defenceive but it seems like people are already wanting stuff for free.

I understand. I've seen and experienced that myself. Especially when I did a lot of educational technology work. You just have to learn to say "No," and forget about it.

Personally, I like to carry my own weight. If I would've asked anyone to do anything for me for free when I was a kid my grandfather would have laid me out quicker than three shakes of a lamb's tail. I'd be lying flat on my back looking up at the clear, blue sky before the person would have had a chance to answer. :D

I do have to say that it looks like a cool place. I'm sure there will be plenty of business! Good luck!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom