Best non-liveaboard diving destinations to visit in Asia or Australia/Pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

non-challenging dives where we can enjoy the colourful fish and coral and not worry a lot about strong currents etc.

Fiji might be the sweet spot here. The soft corals are varied and beautiful, the hard corals are healthy, there is some macro, some turtles, beautiful reef tops with all the things swimming around. There can be currents, of course, but that's what brings the goodness in. Fiji Airlines is now serving YVR, and they cater to travelers headed to/from Australia. And, the Fijian people are lovely.

I've heard the name but wouldd be interested to learn more.
[/QUOTE]

Sipadan is awesome, but you’ll need to check travel warnings and make sure your insurance covers the area + I think January/February is not the best time to go (I may be wrong)

Raja Ampat would be my best bet for this time frame and area - while currents are prevalent you can almost always avoid - just tell your resort you’re not comfortable with strong currents- but also: drift diving can be amazing and relaxing.

We live in Sydney. We dive in Bali regularly; Tulamben, Amed, Pemuteran all doable without current, plus other (better) spots with plenty of current. We have also dived beyond Bali in Raja Ampat and heading to Wakatobi next year. We had some current in RA, but local operators know the sites and can work around it or with it. There was nothing crazy though. Have also dived Komodo, where there was crazy current! Indonesia is pretty easy to get to from Australia and full of good topside stuff, great food and nice people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom