Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A professional diver is not allowed to solo dive? Is it an SSI thing?

Shawn O.

Well they are an SDI affl. shop...you draw the conclusions. Considering there are a number of dive parks in Texas that solo diving is permitted....surely insurance and liability would not be an issue.....but if the owners insist on the rule, we paying visitor must go along with that policy. :shakehead:

Well they are an SSI affl. shop...you draw the conclusions. Considering there are a number of dive parks in Texas that solo diving is permitted....surely insurance and liability would not be an issue.....but if the owners insist on the rule, we paying visitor must go along with that policy. :wink:

This is good to know. I will have to find out when Matt is doing another class in Austin, now that he works with Mack's shop, I have access to the brain trust and credentialer.

Thanks for the info. Solo diving ability just adds so much freedom to the dive experience.

Shawn

This is good to know. I will have to find out when Matt is doing another class in Austin, now that he works with Mack's shop, I have access to the brain trust and credentialer.

Thanks for the info. Solo diving ability just adds so much freedom to the dive experience.

Shawn

I was told the class is offered through the shop on site at the dive park for those so inclined.

I was told the class is offered through the shop on site at the dive park for those so inclined.

I think I know Mike, I wonder if he's teaching the class. That would be a fun weekend to do. Solo Class, new site, new experience. My son in laws parents live at Lake Jackson, it would be a real dive/family weekend.

A new place to check out. Do you think the swampers will pick a weekend to over run the place?

Just think swampers, camping, diving and the new location.

Shawn

I think I know Mike, I wonder if he's teaching the class. That would be a fun weekend to do. Solo Class, new site, new experience. My son in laws parents live at Lake Jackson, it would be a real dive/family weekend.

A new place to check out. Do you think the swampers will pick a weekend to over run the place?

Just think swampers, camping, diving and the new location.

Shawn

Yes I do believe it is Mike that was mentioned.

A Swampers day would be cool.

PS--- also, NO solo diving permitted without a recreational solo diving certf. is the latest word I have been told. FYI only.
A professional diver is not allowed to solo dive? Is it an SSI thing?
SSI? Last I'd heard, SDI was the only agency doing a solo course. Has SSI started one as well?

SSI? Last I'd heard, SDI was the only agency doing a solo course. Has SSI started one as well?

You are correct....SDI,,typo ....its funny though....the shop at the site is PADI//SSI//SDI-TDI.

Shawn

Wow, Shawn, may I quote you on that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom