Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am exciting about the new site, and look forward to trying it out next year :)

What's the depth going to be once she's filled?

hopefully deep sounds like it will be nice and things are always bigger in texas wonder if it will be deeper in texas to!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the lake depth will mostly be about 40' but with a few spots around 50-60' and expecting "Deep Hole" to be about 75' if the water tops where they think it will.

It will be a nice place with 10' viz., but I am sure 20'+ being that it is sand bottom and they are will to add filtering plants and a possible filtering system. As blue as the water is in the aerial photos it looks like it might be really nice.

With plants, you can get somewhat of a natural balance going (clearer water). Are you planning on stocking with fish?

Noooooooooooooooo!

From me:
ClayJar:
Oh, *please* don't let it open while I'm over in Japan (probably two weeks or so in August). :)

From the HydroSports Scuba homepage:
Mammoth Lake Scuba Park

Opening
August 2007!!!!!!

Well, there's still a chance it'll open when I'm not in Japan (or within 24-36 hours of flying out, of course)...

Anyway, any other updates? (I was not able to get over to Seaspace 2007.)

I am sure yall have read this somewhere else. But while at Seaspace a week ago we found out that Mammoth Lake will be getting a C-130. When I was at the shop Saturday I found out that the wings arrived last week. And the rest of the plane should be down in the not so near future. I can only amaging what it will be like to dive a C-130.

Whoa. :D

They're not going to be one of those closed-in-the-winter sites, eh? It sounds like I'm going to need a few additional weekends. :D

Back
Top Bottom