Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AHA ... not an elephant.

Yes, they have found two Columbian Mammoths as well as many other animals like camels, giant armadillos, and 7' tall sloth.

It all depends on how fast the water rises but the way things are flowing right now it looks like it will be late summer whent he lake opens.

Mike Cryer is suppose to be doing a presentation at Seaspace so I am sure that more information about the lake will be released then.

MichaelBaranows:
Yes, they have found two Columbian Mammoths as well as many other animals like camels, giant armadillos, and 7' tall sloth.

It all depends on how fast the water rises but the way things are flowing right now it looks like it will be late summer whent he lake opens.

Mike Cryer is suppose to be doing a presentation at Seaspace so I am sure that more information about the lake will be released then.

Thanks for the update. :wink:

MichaelBaranows, thank you SO much for the photos! I'm not going to have much problem with navigation after studying them so much...

This is an exciting new place to dive, looks like lots of fun. We'll have to meet a bunch of our Southern Swampers there when it opens, especially the CHUM group!

Okay... we're finally off to Aquarena. See yall next week.

The whole shop is glad to see that everyone is excited about the lake. I am surprised how many not divers come by the shop just to see all the stuff being placed in the lake.

One thing about the aerial photos that I really liked was how blue the water is.

I will try to keep yall up to date with any new changes.

Does anyone know if there is any type of filtration planned at the site? Either natural or artificial? Also, are there plans on putting up platforms to keep the students off the bottom? Please don't take my questions as slams against the site. I am as excited as everyone else is.

khacken:
Does anyone know if there is any type of filtration planned at the site? Either natural or artificial? Also, are there plans on putting up platforms to keep the students off the bottom? Please don't take my questions as slams against the site. I am as excited as everyone else is.

I read somewhere, possibly the Diver Training article, that there is a filtration system, but the tree hugging branch of the local government had some issues with it.
:monkeydan

khacken,
Yes, they are looking about both. There are plans to add plants that should help for clarity. There is also an artificial system they have looked at.

Yes, in the next few weeks construction is to get started on training platforms.

The owners are willing to do what it is going to take to make this a great site within reason.

I'm hoping the viz on this divesite will be over 10ft, then its worth doing a road trip to Houston:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom