Soon to be new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The new photos from 2007-02-22 were nice. Can't wait to see more (maybe with a depth-to-full note?).

Incidentally, is the new Mammoth Lake in this sand pit [Google Maps]? If I gathered the address (from the mailbox photo) and town (from an article) correctly, that seems like it would be the site. (That would put it at about 5.5 Google-hours away from Baton Rouge -- not too far at all.)

It will take us about that long to get there from NE Texas, also. We're anxiously awaiting the opening of this new park- very fun stuff to hover amongst.

We will have to have a Swampdiver's party there to break it in right.

Yes, ClayJar that would be the location.

Things are looking great. I was at the shop and the water is really coming up. Everyone is really surprised how fast the water is coming up. There are several boats that are almost wrecks. I took a few photos last weekend and yesterday. I will try to get them posted this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 82
FYI - made a trip out there a couple of weeks ago. It's a lot bigger than I anticipated. After seeing it in person, you realize that each photo is just giving you a snippet of the total area of the lake.

It's just not getting done fast enough :D

This is going to be a great dive site. I wish more people would put this much planning into "dive sites". We have a group ready for the road trip when it is at pool.
:monkeydan

Looks good any idea when this will be available to the public to dive

Oh, *please* don't let it open while I'm over in Japan (probably two weeks or so in August). :)

I'm in no hurry to do the work, but sometime before it opens, I'm going to have to take the aerial photos, match a Google Earth view to the pixel, mark off the precise locations of all the sites and toys, and generate maps with coordinates, bearings, and distances. That way I'll be able to plan out my dives properly for when I visit. :D

OK, I'm confused ... what's with the elephant?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom