Some Musings on Etiquette (Hey what's that) When in Cozumel and Other "Stuff"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asparagus makes my urine smell really bad.

Asparagus makes my urine smell really bad.
TMI
bananalame.gif

Just trying to lighten the conversation a bit. It seemed to be taking an ugly turn. And what could possibly be ugly about a trip to Cozumel for a few days of diving? Getting off the plane, and past the condonazi's makes me forget about a lot of things that on a normal day at home would irritate the crap out of me. Eat, sleep, dive, repeat, the rest of it is just not that important.

Well this thread has taken an anti-smoking turn. Of course polite smokers should sit at the back of the boat or wait until they get to the beach for a SI. I carry a pint ziplock with a couple of tablespoons of baking soda for my butts so they don't smell on the boat even after extinguished. I walked about a few used car lots the last few days and of course a salesman followed me at each, so I asked each to be sure and stay upwind and I saved my butts for the can in my pickup. Yes, in Coz cafes I wait until I am outside. Anything else...?

I really thot there were plenty of smoker bashing threads already, but oh well.

The few times that I was on the boat with a smoker, they asked if we minded and did it on the back of the boat. I personally don't mind. As for restaurants, how about let the owner of the restaurant decide? Then you can choose if you want to eat there or not. Do we REALLY need to regulate everything? Really? And for perspective, I think it is far ruder to say, throw your mask or camera in the bucket and smack it into my camera. I get that it could be annoying and rude to light up in a restaurant and blow cigar smoke on someone and all when they are trying to eat, but keep it in perspective. How about those annoying people in Kinta with the girls in the tiras yelling and carrying on at the next table? Oh wait, that was us... skip that last one.... Don, if you want, I don't mind if you smoke around me. It is Mexico right? The baggie with the baking soda freaks me out a little.
Caveat: I would go for a cuban if I knew where I could get a real one for a reasonable price....

dmoore19 Head to Sorisi for that scotch you seek. Well stocked bar and great wood fired pizzas.

America is not at war. The troops are at war. America is at the mall and the all you can eat buffet!

:eek: OMG I have bats flying around my porch! I knew we had a colony of Mexican free-tails living in a large, abandoned building nearby, but I have never noticed any flying around lights before. Perhaps the drought has left them with a shortage of mosquitoes and they are being bolder in their insect hunting.
I'm sorry; what were we discussing here...?​

:eek: OMG I have bats flying around my porch! I knew we had a colony of Mexican free-tails living in a large, abandoned building nearby, but I have never noticed any flying around lights before. Perhaps the drought has left them with a shortage of mosquitoes and they are being bolder in their insect hunting.
I'm sorry; what were we discussing here...?​

Could you mail me one of those? We have a few mossies here....

I love brussel sprouts
Me, too. I believe that the reason most folks who hate them feel that way is that they were exposed to them as grade school cafeteria food where they were boiled to mush. Gack! I felt the same way about them (and broccoli, too, for the same reason) until I had them lightly steamed and crunchy with a little butter and parmesan cheese. If you can find them early harvested ("baby"), they are even better.

As for restaurants, how about let the owner of the restaurant decide? Then you can choose if you want to eat there or not.
The restaurant smoking ban is a regulation I can live with. Austin tried letting the restaurant owners decide, but they all decided to allow it so as not to exclude smokers and be the only ones who did. Then they tried "smoking sections", which was, as a comedian I heard say once, like having "peeing" and "non peeing" sections in a swimming pool. When they finally passed the ordinance, there was a mild reaction that went away pretty quickly. With bars, the reaction was a little stronger, but that went away as well, and no one's business suffered in the long run because everyone had to make the change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom