Some Musings on Etiquette (Hey what's that) When in Cozumel and Other "Stuff"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I kind of think of the DM tip as mostly being for their guidance underwater and assistance on the boat--the switching of the tanks, the giving of the weights, the hauling of your heavy gear up over the side of the boat after you surface so that you can climb up the ladder unburdened, the offering of fruit, the passing out of water, the geniality, the fact that they've learned my language so that I don't have to spend my brainpower botching theirs, their help if there's a problem, etc. That's way more of the tipping quotient for me than if they or another shop employee loaded my BC etc. onto a handcart and took care of my gear in my absence. What that all is worth to you is up to you, of course.

I saw where one of the Invaders lost his billfold in an airport and is hoping that the $100 he had with his passport will be enough for the week since it's AI (and I think the hotel advertises Tips Included on the rates). I hope he works out a better idea and has trip insurance. I tip maids, porters and waters even when it says Tips Included on the rates as I never believed that, then there's the 3 tanks a day.

Losing a billfold at Security screening is always a worry. I keep that, passport, and money in my computer bag and I don't send it ahead. Otherwise, I does not leave my person

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom