So, I booked my BD trip to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm actually going to be just across the water in Puerto Morelos on an internship next year,
That sounds great. Puerto Morelos is actually 34 Km up the coast from Playa del Carmer, then there is a ferry ride to Cozumel, but I hope you get to visit soon. I go for fun diving as compared to your more serious approach. Have a great visit.

Agree, i paid 485 for #1256 RT in October
Fares are difficult to predict. They have experts and computers much smarter than us in that field always working on yield. The pandemic messed everything up. The $312 I paid may be the cheapest ever for me from Lubbock.

I booked a trip to Cody WY last December for $343 because I had a brief chance to book the cheapest Yellowstone cabins I enjoy for three nights in a row, so I grabbed it. I have watched that ticket since, and it did drop into the $200s briefly, but today it's over $800.

Fares are difficult to predict. They have experts and computers much smarter than us in that field always working on yield. The pandemic messed everything up. The $312 I paid may be the cheapest ever for me from Lubbock.

I booked a trip to Cody WY last December for $343 because I had a brief chance to book the cheapest Yellowstone cabins I enjoy for three nights in a row, so I grabbed it. I have watched that ticket since, and it did drop into the $200s briefly, but today it's over $800.
287$ round-trip mid may American, 400 was cheapest I could get for the invasion in June and that was adding 3 days before and 2 after, flying into cancun, and still ended up cheaper than exact dates flying into coz or cancun which averaged 900ish. So less money and more days was a no Brainerd, so ill do some cenote diving before and probably some tequila tasting after.

287$ round-trip mid may American, 400 was cheapest I could get for the invasion in June and that was adding 3 days before and 2 after, flying into cancun, and still ended up cheaper than exact dates flying into coz or cancun which averaged 900ish. So less money and more days was a no Brainerd, so ill do some cenote diving before and probably some tequila tasting after.
Rountrip prices from Pittsburgh Pa

AA gets cheaper when Sun Country is running direct ns flights.

400 was cheapest I could get for the invasion in June and that was adding 3 days before and 2 after, flying into cancun,
Yeah, taking a peek (altho Sunday is the worst day to look), I see $306 to $414 to CZM, but the returns are before the Invasion is over, and they include some overnight stops. I wouldn't do those, and same days flights are outrageous. Going thru CUN doesn't help much. Just rough dates.

That sounds great. Puerto Morelos is actually 34 Km up the coast from Playa del Carmer, then there is a ferry ride to Cozumel, but I hope you get to visit soon. I go for fun diving as compared to your more serious approach. Have a great visit.
Brilliant thank you!
Oh I dive for fun too, I love it!

Yeah, taking a peek (altho Sunday is the worst day to look), I see $306 to $414 to CZM, but the returns are before the Invasion is over, and they include some overnight stops. I wouldn't do those, and same days flights are outrageous. Going thru CUN doesn't help much. Just rough dates.
I don't really understand why that particular week is so bad either 🤷‍♂️ oh well, not gonna complain about additional days in Mexico. The bag drag won't be so bad since it's not on the same day as flights. Plus I get to do dreamgate before the trip while the water will still seem warm

Nope. I'm a lazy, laid back shallow diver these days. When the UW world fades to colors of brown and maroon without a light I've no interest. For me, deeper just means shorter, not better. But others and you will obviously disagree. To each their own.

How to you manage to stick to shallow dives in Cozumel? I also prefer staying shallow for longer bottom times, more color, and more life. But it seems like every op in Cozumel does a first dive in the 70-100 ft range, and if a boat is doing 2 shallow dives it's usually because it's full of brand new divers.

Back
Top Bottom