So, I booked my BD trip to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I love the $312 plane tickets as I have paid much more some summers. I could use AA miles I scored on a credit card bonus, but if I value those at $10/1k (about half what I valued them at decades ago) and they want 30K + $105 - nope! I could have spent $80 more for the main cabin so I could make changes and select seats, but that didn't appeal to me. I expect the airline to make changes on me anyway as they do whatever they want to with people these days, so when that happens - I'll be in charge of changes anyway. And I am not especially picky about seats as I usually sleep most of every flight. They'll assign me one from the leftovers when I check in the day before, then I'll decide if I want to change at that time. I've been booking aisle seats three rows from the back going as that's far enough to avoid privy lineup crowds I think, and they have been deplaning from the front and back both, but I'll check on that in August.

And I booked my trip insurance the same day to avoid problems. In fact, I used dates two days before actual departure and two days after actual return so I'll be less likely to have to file changes when the airline changes my flights. It doesn't cost extra, so fine. I used DAN trip insurance last time as they are more competitive than the company I had been using, but someone pointed out that Generali, the insurance company that actually writes their insurance, has their own trip insurance so I looked. They offer more medical coverage for less! I just booked a $500 trip cost to cover the plane as that's the only noncancelable aspect aside for the first few days hotel, but of course at my age I pay a lot more than most.

DAN offered $50K for $69 or $100K for $88, but Generali gave me $150K for $78 along with the other coverages expected. Sweet. Well, that level does not include preexisting problems, but I'm ok with that. They do cover preexisting at the $250K level, but I didn't see a need in paying that much. I'm really in pretty good shape in spite of my age and myself.

And I booked my favorite dive op with 100cf tanks @ 3300 psi before repeat customer discounts, along with my favorite cheap hotel a block from the plaza. So now I just need to make repairs on my camera strobe and one of my wheeled bags.

1. What are the datew? Maybe we can come!
Currently holding a ticket for August 16-24 until American plays their changing game. It'd be good to see y'all, but how many meals do I owe you? You always beat me to the check.
2. 3300 fills? I call BS... I have got them on accident....
Yeah, Henry uses a different fill station. They fill 100s to 3500 psi hot, which cools to 3300 psi, and if they don't, I ask him to deal with them. And I have yet to find a tainted tank, but I'll always check as I can't be there at the time of filling to ensure the people do it right every time.

I saved this quote from December, wondering for months if I should book before fares went up. I got lucky in waiting.

Aug 2022.JPG

That must be Aico doing the filling. I dont know alot about them but they do add a bit more. Still not working pressure.

Thats a good deal. Have to check out schedule and see if we can make it!!

I want to see what hot date you have on your arm this time!

Good that Generali is working out for you:wink:

As far as fills, do you dive Nitrox? If you do I hope you bring a tester.

My buddy got constant 2900..ish with the 100's and Salty. However even with his 100's we got pulled from the water promptly at 60 minutes (except with one divemaster) so I always had 80s and plenty of air to spare..

As far as fills, do you dive Nitrox? If you do I hope you bring a tester.
Nah, I am too much of an air hog. Besides, it never saw much benefit in multilevel diving for nitrox, nothing like square bottom wreck dives. I still have my own O2 tester tho.
My buddy got constant 2900..ish with the 100's and Salty.
Henry can't be everywhere, but he is very easy to reach by phone or text.

That makes me wonder if Salty has their own 100s they can get filled or they rent them as is common.

And then does the other filler have 100 rentals? Or do you have to get them from Merry-D?

That makes me wonder if Salty has their own 100s they can get filled or they rent them as is common.
He owns several. I don't remember how many.

Ok, I found a recent chat we had. He owns 12 and does rent more if needed. He gets them filled to 3800 so they'll cool to 3300. Merdiano won't, but Aico does.

Nah, I am too much of an air hog. Besides, it never saw much benefit in multilevel diving for nitrox, nothing like square bottom wreck dives. I still have my own O2 tester tho.
They have 100 nitrox as well but if you only do 2 dives a day it probably is not much of a benefit. I tend to do 4 or more boat dives a day when I am there, plus a shore dive ..or two on a few days.

I will bring a nitrox tester on the next trip as it seems that not all operations carry testers on their boats.
Henry can't be everywhere, but he is very easy to reach by phone or text.
He is very easy to reach as was Mik and both were very helpful. They got me in touch with a travel agent that I will continue to use for the future. But since my friend made it to 60 minutes...most of the time with the 100, it wasn't an issue for him. But I sure could have (and would have enjoyed) staying down longer.

They have 100 nitrox as well but if you only do 2 dives a day it probably is not much of a benefit.
I always dive nitrox in my 2 dives a day. But I also upgrade my tequila. Everyone knows doing both of those things will let you feeling better....

1649197106121.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom