So how do YOU wear your dive boots?

How do you wear your wetsuit dive boots with a full wetsuit?

• Booties tucked under the wetsuit legs

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Wetsuit legs tucked in booties

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whisky_Tango:
Howdy everyone,

I'm fairly new to thses boards. I made my introductions on the Cozumel panel a few months back. I got my SSI open water back in 2001 but have been out of water since then. I am now finished my PADI classroom/pool sessions and will complete that cert in Coz in January. Can't wait.

Now, regarding my opening question, 'How do YOU wear your dive boots?' After reading the 'Pee Poll' that keeps resurfacing in these forums, I remembered a conversation that took place during my first open water course. I am curious to hear what you folks think about this issue. I tried a forum search, but pee + boots had inconclusive results...

Basically two instructors were having a heated debate over the 'proper' way to wear dive boots with a wet suit. The first was convinced that you should wear your boots OVER your pant cuffs. His reasoning was that by having the boots block the pant cuff, you will have less water flow under and out of your wetsuit, keeping you warmer. This sounded logical to me until the second instructor pointed out that wearing boots over pants also traps any urine that you pass, basically keeping it in your suit or pooling in your boots, only to pour out when you change. .

Me? At the time it wasn't a problem, I was wearing a shorty :14:

Thoughts?

Cheers.

wear boots under the suit..creates less drag and is warmer as it does not fill with water as easily..I would make a non issue about the pee as either way you and your suit will soon stink anyway..

Walter:
Incredibly strange. You?

Well, you're definitely qualified to judge that one :D
Ber :lilbunny:

This should have been a poll. :p I personally don't think it makes a difference, I wear my boots under the suit. It's all about what little style you have while wearing a wetsuit. :D

Minh

My Henderson 0.5mm fullsuit has stirrups, so the booties must go outside the suit.

My Bodyglove 3/2 full suit goes over the bootie tops. and that is what I actually prefer.

If the booties fit snugly around my ankles it would not matter, but since there is a little space between boot top and skin, I prefer the seal that lapping the suit over the boot gives.

As another poster said it keeps debris out.

Peeing is irrelevent. If you have a suit full of urine its going to get in the booties some when you get out of the water regardless.

Boots under. The pee thing was a "real divers" joke, as in:

1. Real divers pee in their suit.
  2. Real divers pee in their suit standing on the deck.
  3. Real divers wear the bootie tops inside their wetsuit so that then they pee in their suit standing on the deck it runs out in a puddle.

I try to wear the boots under the suit, but invariably, they pop out. I suppose I'm just too tall for the ML-Tall stock wetsuit. It's warmer with them under the suit, of course.

Recently, however, I've had to side with one of the earlier posts: Boots over the drysuit socks. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom