So how do YOU wear your dive boots?

How do you wear your wetsuit dive boots with a full wetsuit?

• Booties tucked under the wetsuit legs

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Wetsuit legs tucked in booties

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Booties under.

As stated, it helps keep the debris out. But also because I have zippers on my booties but not on my suits. With the suit over the booties I get a better seal, and the zippers won't work their way down.

Oh, and real men say, "booties."

I wear my booties on the outside of my wetsuit.

If you are worried about pee getting into your booties, just make sure you are swimming upside down when you pee. :D

TOM

ClayJar:
I try to wear the boots under the suit, but invariably, they pop out. I suppose I'm just too tall for the ML-Tall stock wetsuit. It's warmer with them under the suit, of course.

Recently, however, I've had to side with one of the earlier posts: Boots over the drysuit socks. :D
Yeesh, it to 5 full pages to hit the reason I wear mine outside: No point in tucking them under, when they pop out anyway since my legs are too long for sufficient overlap. It's just easier to leave them outside when within 5 minutes they'll be out anyway. Usually the bottom edge of my wetsuit legs just touch the top the my booties throughout a dive. Trying to tuck under would only stretch the bottom of the legs of my wetsuit.

When diving dry, my drysuit has integrated boots, so no hassles there. :)

REII:
I wear my booties on the outside of my wetsuit.

If you are worried about pee getting into your booties, just make sure you are swimming upside down when you pee. :D

TOM
hmmmmm... brings up a world of possibilities...

Do you wear your hood bib *in* or *out* of your wetsuit, while peeing upside down?

hehehe I don't have a hood bib. The only thing I have with a hood is my 7mm and I don't pee in that one.

TOM

Booties under suit..
1. keeps the zippers zipped throughout the dive
2. keeps the sand and small rocks out when making beach entries
3. helps to avoid that uncontrollable urge the other divers will have to keep calling you "Tex"

REII:

TOM

I always do that, but I'm also purging my octo in the neck drawing all the urine (and smell) out of the suit through the legs. This only works if the boots are inside.

I'm new member too, but what I felt so far that boots on top are much more comfortable

Why would anyone one worry about pee getting in your booties? If you pee in a wetsuit it's gonna go everywhere and stick around for a while... I mean that's the point pee=warm, right?

And if you happen to do that other thing, begins with "P" and rhymes with "shoe", It's not gonna matter whether you have booties under/over suit. You are still gonna have a really awkward conversation back on the boat, and a lasting nickname to boot!!!!

---Don't act like it never happens... Roatan=Montezumas Revenge!!!!---

ohh... and one of the sponsors on this board is that new fan hanger?? Any luck using it ?

Wet suit, my booties have a bmall hole in the toe for drainage. It don't matter!

Back
Top Bottom