So how do YOU wear your dive boots?

How do you wear your wetsuit dive boots with a full wetsuit?

• Booties tucked under the wetsuit legs

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Wetsuit legs tucked in booties

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
i wear full foot fins..

booties are for sissies...

:wink:
Yeah right!!!! I'd love to see you try a shore entry over the rocks and stones around here in full foot fins! :eyebrow:

Full foots are for girlie men (and free-divers)! :mooner:

Me......suit over boots. Gotta have the pee flow organized or it gets too yucky, and Headhunter's point about the sand is also extremely valid.

Mike Veitch:
real men dive off boats.....

Ah........so you HAVE got money! :D and anyway......your spelling is awful as it's obvious that you were really trying to type "real divers dive in boots". :blinking:

I must admit - I prefer boats to shore but there isn't always the choice here. You'd probably approve of my boots though..... The zip broke on one of them a couple of years ago, so being the cheapskate that I am, I just punched holes through the neoprene and threaded a shoelace through it. :D

It works great and you should see the looks I get when I zip up one boot and tie up the other on the boat!! :rofl3:

At least no-one can mistake me for a newbie because my gear looks unused! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Mike Veitch:
aha... you look like a dive guide!
Not quite. My wetsuit doesn't have enough badly stitched patches yet.

Mike Veitch:
i wear full foot fins..

booties are for sissies...

:shakehead Mike, Mike, Mike :shakehead

Kim:
Yeah right!!!! I'd love to see you try a shore entry over the rocks and stones around here in full foot fins! :eyebrow:

Full foots are for girlie men (and free-divers)! :mooner:
You tell him, Kim! :D

Under ... more streamlined. warmer, less sand entry, and tops would stick out way out if worn over my 7mm

ok ok ok.....

allow me to rephrase....

if i was to dive in chilly water (not bloody likely) i would wear my booties under the wetsuit... (that is the correct way.. :) )

however....

real divers dive in warm water... and therefore wear full foots...

:D :D :D

:e18:

Under. No pesky little rocks or sand can sneak in during entry/exit.

Who cares? Do it the way you want. I wear my boots under the suit. Wearing boots over the suit causes the legs of the suit to stretch when they fill with water as you climb a ladder at the end of the dive.

Booties under the suit. My first booties had zippers and having the suit over them helped lessen the water exchange. When I first started diving I used to go so far as putting boots on dry then adding a layer of duct tape over the zipper to prevent water exchange. I put my suit over the boots and another layer of duct tape to tape suit to boots, sealing that entry point as well. It looked INCREDIBLY strange but it worked!
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom