So how do YOU wear your dive boots?

How do you wear your wetsuit dive boots with a full wetsuit?

• Booties tucked under the wetsuit legs

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Wetsuit legs tucked in booties

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boots under suit - I find this setup more comfortable plus I feel it keeps feet warmer this way. And I agree with H2Andy wearing them over the suit makes you look like a dive-dork.

-J.-

Im also with Andy, I feel alot coooooler with the boots under the suit :14:

H2Andy:
boot under suit

because...

well...

you look like a dork with the boots over the suit

Yeah, well in the high fashion world of diving, it's very important that your boots don't make you look like a dork! :rofl3:

It's like a bad movie where the chess club is going to score chicks by wearing black socks...

havnmonkey:
this is a surfing thing...

Boot(ies) under suit. Why? Cuz it's cold and it's easier for water to slide into a booty than up the leg. While surffing your booty top may role down slightly from the force of a wave going over it.
Same/similar principle applies to scuba. If you wear the booties outside and over the end of the wetsuit at ankles, when you swim forward (either on surface or underwater), the water pushes against the top of the booties and can leak in. Tucking the top of the booties under and inside the wetsuit ankles seals better and alleviates this problem. My wetsuit has lower leg / ankle zippers which makes doing so that much easier. My feet and inside of booties always stay dry :wink:.

It took me around 15 dives to convince my g/f she didnt need to put on make-up to go diving.

She even woke up 45 minutes early to get her make-up perfect for her check out dives. So I guess my boots-under-suit is not that bad in comparison.

Oh, god is this gonna start new cults of BOS (boots under suit) and nBOS (non boots under suit)

I guess that would make me a BOS

rakkis:
Booties under wetsuit. I ain't no Peter Pan.

Hahhaa! Thats awesome :)

Same here - boots under suit...

Socks go on first, then the wetsuit, then the boots on the outside. While wearing boots on the outside is dorky look to some, I don't mind. OTOH putting the socks on after the wetsuit leaves just the tops of the argyle socks peeking out, and that exceeds even my dorkiness limit. :)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot:
second instructor pointed out that wearing boots over pants also traps any urine that you pass, basically keeping it in your suit or pooling in your boots, only to pour out when you change
The instructor has a point.
I empty the boots downwind after the dive.

Charlie Allen

Boots inside.
It's how I wear my Tony Llamas... (why mess with a proven formula...)

Boots under suit.

If I wore the boots on the outside, I wouldn't last 15 minutes in our 50 degree water. One time I was wearing a rental suit, and my seals inched their way off the top of my boots and the water rushed in. My feet went numb in a matter of seconds, and it dropped my core temp very quickly. Not fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom