So how do YOU wear your dive boots?

How do you wear your wetsuit dive boots with a full wetsuit?

• Booties tucked under the wetsuit legs

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Wetsuit legs tucked in booties

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outside, there must be a reason the military does it that way after millions of $$ in testing...

under for all the reasons listed above. i was told that having the wetsuit over the boots provides a little more insulation, but i dont think it will make that much of a difference.

Usually I wear them on my feet :wink:

Seriously tho, on the wetsuits ive used, there is two "layers" of suit on the legs the outer one with a zipper, so what do I do? inner layer of suit in the boots, outer layer of suit on the outside and close the zipper. =-

The peeing issue I find rather irrelevant, as your suit will stink BADLY unless you wash it well after taking a pee in with or without boots, with the boots on the outside or the inside of the suit..

If doing beach dives in any kind of surf, I think the answer is clear.

If you wear the boots on the outside, a wave will blow the boots up like balloons and fill them with sand. This can rub your feet raw pretty quickly while you dive.

If you wear the boots on the inside then a little sand goes up between the boot and the cuff, but doesn't get into the boot.

Of course, this may be more important in SoCal than other places around the globe.

For me it's a practical issue, but it doesn't hurt that we can look better in the process. :wink:

Christian

Boots over suit - 5mm semi-dry with tight seals. My buddy just dives without boots, even in water as cold as 20C... He is just tougher than me, I guess....

RonFrank:
It's like a bad movie where the chess club is going to score chicks by wearing black socks...

Great line, RonFrank.

I neither go over or under since I have discovered low cut boots.

under the suit as the zipper on my boots have been broken for quite a while wearing them under the suit keeps them in place. Might try the other way round when I have new boots...
Now this might become a fashion statement and I haven't even thought about the fact that wearing the boots inside it could out me as a diver who pees in her suit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom