So how do YOU wear your dive boots?

How do you wear your wetsuit dive boots with a full wetsuit?

• Booties tucked under the wetsuit legs

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Wetsuit legs tucked in booties

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisc:
Outside, there must be a reason the military does it that way after millions of $$ in testing...

The cuffs of military pants are somewhat loose, and they wear them tucked in the boots so they don't get caught on anything near the ground, like barbed wire or tumble weeds. Also, it may help to keep the pant legs dry if they walk through puddles or small streams - thus keeping extraneous weight from the water off.

I wear my booties inside my suit to keep warmer (54deg water), and for the suit flush. The water gets a little cold when I step in, and my boots eventually flood, but it warms up soon anyway, and helps my feet keep warm after the dive, too.

As for peeing in my wetsuit, I do what I have to do. Cold water can escalate the call of nature, and that call can't be ignored for long. Hopefully, she calls early in the dive so I can get it flushed out. If not, then I soak and wash my suit in Wetsuit Shampoo.

As we see here, it's mostly personal preference (as well as dictated by the wetsuit, but that was chosen, too). If there's a question, try diving both ways, and see what works best for you. The Dive Fashion Police are not going to ticket you either way.

Just my 2 CuFt...

I feel strongly both ways. Depends on the boots and the suit. If you dive the 7mm large boots, with zipper sides, then over the top. Xscuba high stretch, without zippers, under. Semi-dry J suit, boots over... standard wetsuit, boots under. Whatever is comfortable.

Wow, I never expected this topic to generate such interest. As one member suggested, perhaps I should have made this a poll on it's own.

I do love reading all the replies though, there are some very funny people on these boards. If any of you are hanging out in Cozumel between January 5th to the 12th, I'll be diving with Papa Hogs. I don't mind buying refreshments for witty replies.

By the way, for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that I'm a 'boots under' type of guy.

Cheers,

Todd

I have zippered, and found they tend to flow less under.

-----

Mike.

Whisky_Tango:
Wow, I never expected this topic to generate such interest. As one member suggested, perhaps I should have made this a poll on it's own.

I do love reading all the replies though, there are some very funny people on these boards. If any of you are hanging out in Cozumel between January 5th to the 12th, I'll be diving with Papa Hogs. I don't mind buying refreshments for witty replies.

By the way, for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that I'm a 'boots under' type of guy.
For someone new to the board, you managed to hit on a topic that people have opinions about, and yet has not been beaten to DEATH on the board. (At least, not that I can recall in the measly almost year I've been around)

Well done! :D

Booties under the wetsuit. Remember it's important to look good when diving. :D

Everything else is secondary. :rofl3:

Haha, yea you wouldnt wear your boots outside your jeans :p

Back
Top Bottom