Question Diving with combat boots : how do you lace them ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought an extra pair in black yesterday at Target for $9 AU , they are ditching the lot, the young folk are not wearing them.
Suits me, cheep rock boots [for where I dive now] , if I was going back to my old 'stomping grounds and colder water' [not a chance now] I would look at something more solid, and warmer.View attachment 850141

I do the same thing. Warehouse (like Big W) and Kmart are my preferred rock boot vendors. I even wear them when wetsuit diving with a neoprene sock.

Bought an extra pair in black yesterday at Target for $9 AU , they are ditching the lot, the young folk are not wearing them.
Suits me, cheep rock boots [for where I dive now] , if I was going back to my old 'stomping grounds and colder water' [not a chance now] I would look at something more solid, and warmer.View attachment 850141
@Pressurehead Do you have a link for said boots? Thank you.

@Pressurehead Do you have a link for said boots?
Only for the Target store in my area here in Australia. Missimo brand.
IMG_20240709_093633.jpg

Sorry, but I must admit that one is lost on me. There's obviously a jest or a reference I'm missing. Please, no heckling nor hazing, English isn't my native dialect.

You’re safe, brother. My joke wasn’t intended to haze you.

You guessed correctly - it was what we call an “inside joke”. It was aimed at those who served in the US military. Although the zippered insert for boots was designed for more rapidly getting into uniform, those who adopted them were never really the epitome of elite, rapid response forces. The inserts usually found their way onto the lazy and lumpy.

Anyways, your English is far superior to my French. I always admire folks who have an excellent command of a language foreign to them and English isn’t the most logical language to learn. More exceptions than rules!

Anyways, your English is far superior to my French. I always admire folks who have an excellent command of a language foreign to them and English isn’t the most logical language to learn. More exceptions than rules!

Thanks a lot for the compliment, but if you find English not logical enough, avoid ANY latin language : French, Spanish, Italian, because the "More exceptions than rules" curse is even stronger in those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom