So how do YOU wear your dive boots?

How do you wear your wetsuit dive boots with a full wetsuit?

• Booties tucked under the wetsuit legs

Votes: 58 81.7%
  • Wetsuit legs tucked in booties

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dl348:
Boots over the wetsuit, minimizes water flow.

Boots under the suit, minimizes water flow. Think about it. Unless you are holding onto your scooter backwards, the flow of water is from your head towards your feet. Boots outside gives an opening for water to flow into and creates drag.

Besides, studies have shown that those who wear booties on the outside are three times more likely to wear their mask on their forehead.

dhampton82:
IS there anyway that a mod could add a poll to this thread?
Yes it is, but only if the original poster asks for it (after all it's his thread :wink:)

If he wants it he can PM me or another Mod to ask.

I'll partake of this thread. I wear boots under the wetsuit. It was explained to me that it's streamlined that way and water won't get in the boots by moving forwards.

As to urine, well, it's been said and I think it's true. If you pee in the suit it's not going to flush any faster regardless of how you wear the boots. In fact, I'll admit it. I've done it in my wetsuit and let me tell you, the boots reeked after a season of diving. It took many washings to get rid of that smell. For some reason I forgot to wash it good like I did the wetsuit.

Of course, on my drysuit which I dive most of the time I don't worry about it because they're attached and I don't pee in it.

Kim:
Yes it is, but only if the original poster asks for it (after all it's his thread :wink:)

If he wants it he can PM me or another Mod to ask.
By all means, add a poll to this topic. A brief glance at this post seems to be fairly evenly spilt between over and under. Glad I was able to bring a little fresh debate to the forums.Cheers,Todd

OK Whisky, your post now has a poll :)
Ber :lilbunny:

ReefHound:
Boots under the suit, minimizes water flow. Think about it. Unless you are holding onto your scooter backwards, the flow of water is from your head towards your feet. Boots outside gives an opening for water to flow into and creates drag.

Besides, studies have shown that those who wear booties on the outside are three times more likely to wear their mask on their forehead.
I proudly wear my mask on my forehead, and I put my wetsuit over my booties (for flushing purposes)

*Floater*:
I voted boots under suit, but with my 7mm I leave the inner leg seals under the boot and then zip the outer portion over them.
Same here. Voted under, since the outer layer is the zipper part of the suit, but technically its "both" i guess :p

i misunderstood the question

i want a recount!

Back
Top Bottom